cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI_TAX_GET_TXJCD_LEVELS error when trying to release billing document.

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the process of converting from non-jurisdiction sales tax to jurisdiction sales tax procedure. I have setup our sandbox with the new jurisdiction procedure TAXUSJ and corresponding pricing procedure. So far things are looking pretty good... however. When the user tries to do a release on a billing document, it won't complete and the log shows the error:

System error in routine FI_TAX_GET_TXJCD_LEVELS error code 2 function builder TAX2

I have looked through SAP Notes and found references to this in regards to CRM. We don't use CRM.

I have added jurisdiction codes to the company code and business partners (customers), also sales offices and plant. I have setup the tax codes and the UTXJ condition type with the standard:

UTXJ 0 0 O0

UTXJ 0 1 O0

UTXJ 1 0 O0

UTXJ 1 1 O1

In the previous config, using TAXUS (non-jurisdiction) each of the sales offices was given a tax code, and that is what was used for sale tax. So there are existing (and this is where the release issue arises) documents that use these codes (HQ, SE, NE, SP, etc) rather then O1. Could this have something to do with the error?

Document created in the new jurisdiction config can be released without a problem. It is just occuring with documents created previous to the conversion.

What have I missed in config?

Thanks for any info that may help shed light on this. This is the last stumbling block to converting to the jurisdiction sales tax and we need to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Laurie McGinley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurie,

You need to update your customer master record with tax jurisdiction codes, Please check ship to & sold to customer master records for tax codes.

Regards

Shaun

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaun,

I have updated the customer with a Jurisdiction Code and Billing Document Tax classification.

Still not getting the document released. Same error.

I'm wondering if there is a connection between the billing document condition UTX1 and the customer billing tax catagory UTXJ. Maybe not a connection. Seems to me it should take into account, when switching from non-jurisdiction using UTX1 to jurisdiction using UTXJ. I'm sorta grasping at straws maybe.

Have I missed something?

Thanks

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurie,

Was wondering if you were able to get an solution for this? We are also having the same error message.

Thanks.

regards,

Raj

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

No, unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet. I'm feeling pretty sure it has something to do with switching from TAXUS using Condtion Type UTX1 (using acces type Z to TAXUSJ using UTXJ. The old tax codes are in UTX1 in the table that uses Sales Area. I cannot add these codes to UTXJ as it violates the primary key of region/cust/mat

So for example I need

US - 1 - 1 - O1

US - 1 - 0 - O0

US - 0 - 1 - O0

US - 0 - 0 - O0

US - 1 - 1 - HQ ... can't add this entry to UTXJ because of the first

Please let me know if you discover the solution. For us, this is the last bit that is holding us back from switching over to the TAXUSJ procedure.

Thanks

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer SAP note 1157690 it has given code correction for this problem in function module

Regards

Sandip

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank-you Sandip, however we haven't implemented CRM and don't have the support packages it refers to installed.

We have come up with a workaround requireing us to add the txjcd to the accounting document to be reveresed as well as change the tax category from the previous tax calc procedure to the current one. This will then allow the document to be reversed.

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laurie,

Could you please elaborate on this workaround you mentioned? We have few documents which are not posted to accounting due to this error.

Regards,

Swapnali..

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Briefly, for the document that needs to be released, and is getting the 'can't find tax code' error in the notes.

Correct values for TXJCD, TXJDP and TXJLV need to be added to the oringal document records that is to be released, tables: BSEG BSET KNOV and VBRP. In addition look into table KNOV for the field KNTYP. We had to address the KNTYP field in KONV because it stored the code for the previous taxing procedure, which cant be found in the current one. Changing it to the equivalent code for the current taxing proceudure worked.

I capture all the record pre and post change information for each of the changed records should there be a need to go back. But so far it seems to be working. Tho some of the notes indicate the need to add txjcd data to existing records to fix a similar problem, we needed to go a step further and modify records in 2 additional table.

Again. We went from non-jurisdiction method where no jurisdictional information was captured to jurisdictional sales tax. And the issue is around reversing documents that were originally created in the previous taxing procedure.