cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Related Billing Due List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For third party item we are using following configuration to be able to bill once GR(Goods Receipt) is completed.

Item Category - TAS

T.code - VOV7- Billing Relevance- "B"

T.code - VFTA - Billing Quantity - "E".

This works perfectly fine but under billing due list it shows all the items including the items which are already billed or the items which are not relevant for billing. it will generate the error log if i try to simulate the billing document but i would like to avoid display of the items which are either fully billed or not relevant for billing in billing due list

Please let me know how can i achieve this?

I would highly appreciate your expert suggestions.

Thanks,

K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the billing relevance in VOV7 also to F.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

If I set the billing relevance to "F", system will not allow to generate the billing document upon Good Receipt(GR).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kathy

Set the indicator in item category to Blank. through this you can elimate the issue

Hope This helps

Thanks

Akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akasha,

As you suggested, i left billing relevance field in item category configuration blank. it still doesn't allow me to generate the billing document. GR has been posted.

Thanks,

K.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked my system, and both settings are set with F (in VOV7 and in VTFA). This is per normal third party process. (Sales order -> Purchase req -> PO -> Goods receipt by customer -> vendor invoice posting in accounting -> customer invoice).

In the normal process, you need to create the billing document from third party sales order, only after the invoice receipt is posted in FI and not against the goods receipt at customer site.

May I know why you want to create customer billing document after the goods receipt?

If the standard procedure is followed by setting value F, then after vendor invoice posting in accounting, the sales order will appear in billing due list with correct items.

Can you do a testing after changing the settings to F in the test system, and if convinced then you can try in production system. I assume you may need to delete the existing order and create a new one after the settings are made.

Can you update?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

I understand that the standard behavior for third party item is to generate the billing document upon IR but in our environment there is a strong need to be able to bill the customer upon GR.

with Billing Relevance - "B" and billing quantity " E". I am able to achieve the same but VF04 shows wrong list. meaning it shows the items which are not relevant for billing or the items which are fully billed.

Please suggest how can i achieve this?

Thanks,

K.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In T.Code VTFA, for the respective documents and item category TAS, change the billing quantity settings from E to F and try.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for looking into this but it is not working. if i use "F" , it doesn't allow to generate the billing document once GR is done.

Please suggest.