Performance/Load Testing BI
do you have any suggestion about on how to conduct load / performance testing for the BI (exctracting data, generating reports)
Thanks a lot for any help!
At least on the frontend side, we're using Mercury Loadrunner to run our queries - in our case via Enterprise Portal - and then using several tools to measure performance:
1. BI Administration cockpit e.g., average query runtime
2. RSTT trace for examining issues in more depth (e.g., &PROFILING=X&TRACE=X) options and then checking the Java and backend RSTT traces for details
3. Wily Introscope to report on how the Java stack performs under load
4. Server monitoring to check memory and CPU load
5. The standard tools on the ABAP stack for checking load e.g., Database monitor, ST03N workload statistics, STAD for checking point issues again...
We've developed a "load profile" by working with the business to figure out what reports will run when/how often so we can also look at the overall reporting profile rather than just particular queries.