cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance package task does not run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem trying to run maintenance package in SDCCN on a ECC6 system?

It seems to skip it and not run it but runs everything else. I have to force it to run and then i get a backlog of EWA tasks from SolMan to be run. The maintenance task is scheduled get task info from SolMan.

package level is

ST-PI 2005_1_700 0006 SAPKITLQI6 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

You should upgrade ST-PI Solution Tools Plug-In to 2008_1_700(to Latest Patch Level) and ST-A/PI Service Tools as per SAP Note 69455.

Becasue it is the first and foremost step while you configure EWA for any system.

You can double check this by running the program RTCCTOOL in all the systems(Solution Manager and Satellite Systems). You have make sure that this program doesn't report any errors(red indicators).

Once you are done, go to SDCCN(Satellite System). Then choose "Maintain Service Definitions" from menu "Utilities". This will replace the old definitions and refresh to new.

Then follow the steps to create and schedule maintenace package in satellite systems again. Make sure that Target RFC Destination of Task System should be the back RFC of your solution manager(SM_<SID of solution manager>CLNT<working client>_BACK) system.

Welcome your responce back.

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

I deactivated SDCCN and reactivated and it seems alright now. Maintenance Package tasks are running fine and there is a EWA job ready to run so i will wait and see if that will run and complete and check if there is a EWA report in SolMan

thanks for your help.

Mani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

deactivate SDCCN and reactivate it.