cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Outbound processing using SAP BC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to develop a simple IDOC outbound processing scenario using SAP BC. In this an IDOC from SAP ECC server will be sent to an external webserver via SAP BC, for this i have done all the setup i.e Establishing connection between SAP BC & SAP ECC, ALE settings, creating a new Routing rule, but when i try to run this scenario, i am getting the following error 'IDocMetaDataUnavailableException: (3) IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE' , is there any way to import the IDOC metadata, just like how we do in SAP XI using IDX2. Please Help...

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>is there any way to import the IDOC metadata, just like how we do in SAP XI using IDX2. Please Help...

sure there is:)

log on to admin page of BC

(host:port like something:5555 by default)

then go to SAP - lookup and from there you need to download IDOC's structure

then you can can check it in SAP - DDIC cache if the upload was ok

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i am correct this for loading RFC metadataonly not for idoc

Rajesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>if i am correct this for loading RFC metadataonly not for idoc

sorry Rajesh - you're not correct

this is for IDOCs too

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Have You solve this problem?

I have exacly the same.

When I sending IDOC (MATMAS) from DB10. IDoc has status 03.

but in BC I have this error:

Transaction Status

Current State Rolled back

Last State Change 2009-10-02 14:07:28 CEST

Last Error com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocMetaDataUnavailableException: (3) IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE: The meta data for the IDoc type "" is unavailable.

Audit Log

2009-10-02 14:07:27 CEST State changed to: Created

2009-10-02 14:07:27 CEST com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocMetaDataUnavailableException: (3) IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE: The meta data for the IDoc type "" is unavailable.

2009-10-02 14:07:28 CEST State changed to: Rolled back

In SM58 there is error to :

IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS SBCDED 02.10.2009 14:03:56 IDocException occurred C0A8010D00EB4AC5EC2B4587 erpbwxid SAPMSSY1

I think I have correctly implement every of Yours solutions but I have this error :(.

Points for Help

Best Regards

Jakub

ganimede_dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you solved? I've got same error with SAP BC 4.6 and 4.8 with a just migrated to Unicode ECC system.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Can you please guide me on how & where to Download IDOC in BC developer. Also in the BuiltinServices guide , there is a process given on how to send an xml file using the FTP services, but this is manually by entering direct values, how can i call this FTP service through my SAP R/3 system such that the IDOC will be converted to an XML file in BC & then sent to FTP server automatically.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a new service in your developer. Within this you have to define the IDoc structure by lookup to the specific SAP system. Then you need to build you flow using the built in services e.g.:

incoming IDoc => conversion to XML => FTP to server

This is all described in the SAP BC developer guide.

Hope this helps.

Kai

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may create a Record in BC developer or you may create a flow step of type invoke and there in the Input/Output tab, you may import the structure of idoc.

how can i call this FTP service through my SAP R/3 system

SAP R/3 shouldn't call the FTP service directly. It is the job of SAP BC to call ftp service. This could be configured simply by adding the ftp service as invoke step in your flow service. Idoc to idoc-xml conversion is done internally by BC and idoc-xml to any other xml file mapping should be done as Map flow in your flow service.

Rgards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Following is the error which i am getting :-

2009-03-12 21:56:59 IST com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocMetaDataUnavailableException: (3) IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE: The meta data for the IDoc type "" is unavailable.

at com.sap.conn.idoc.rt.DefaultIDocDocument.<init>(DefaultIDocDocument.java:132)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.JCoIDocDocument.<init>(JCoIDocDocument.java:74)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.JCoIDocDocument.createIDocDocument(JCoIDocDocument.java:117)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.JCoIDocRuntime.createIDocDocumentList(JCoIDocRuntime.java:83)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.DefaultJCoIDocServerWorker$IDocDispatcher.handleRequest(DefaultJCoIDocServerWorker.java:88)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatchRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:141)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.dispatchRequest(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2621)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.executePlayback(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2298)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.playbackTRfc(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2130)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.handletRfcRequest(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2012)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:1903)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:258)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.loop(DefaultServerWorker.java:320)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.run(DefaultServerWorker.java:219)

at com.wm.util.TimeWrappingProvider$TimeMesuredTask.run(TimeWrappingProvider.java:40)

at com.wm.pkg.sap.rfc.ListenerThread.run(ListenerThread.java:70)

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>The meta data for the IDoc type "" is unavailable.

for this I believe you still didn't do the mapping properly

did you download IDOC in BC develoer too (from the menu)

before doing the mapping ?

for FTP service usage please have a look at pdf: SAPBCBuiltInServices.pdf

from Developer\doc folders of your BC dev installation on your computer

it contains examples on how to use it

regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot! I did the required changes & downloaded the IDOC, which i can see in DDIC-Cache, but still i am getting the Metadata error, is there anything else to be done???

Also can you guide me on how to use the FTP service in BC so that i can send the IDOC from SAP to an FTP server???

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the quick reply, i have some queries regarding this :-

1) Which system should i logon to to lookup for the IDOC, SAP BC Development or SAP BC Server, if its development , then shall i login using the developers id or Admin id.

2) Where to check this DDIC cache, in BC or in SAP ECC, if in SAP ECC then which transaction.

3) Can i transfer the IDOC to an FTP server, which can be achieved by just changing the Transport as FTP in the Routing rule in SAP BC.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>1) Which system should i logon to to lookup for the IDOC, SAP BC Development or SAP BC Server, if its development , then shall i login using the developers id or Admin id.

BC server with admin login

>>2) Where to check this DDIC cache, in BC or in SAP ECC, if in SAP ECC then which transaction.

I gave you the link - BC server admin panel - SAP - DDIC cache

>>3) Can i transfer the IDOC to an FTP server, which can be achieved by just changing the Transport as FTP in the Routing rule in SAP BC.

no you have to use FTP services in in BC to use ftp server

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the idoc metadata loaded through IDx2 in PI and rerun the scenario,it should work

Rajesh