SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Budget Posting after Fiscal Year Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the functionality of ABP after fiscal year change (FM-closing operations-closing operations for BCS). I have configured this but I do not find any change. Could anyone please help me understanding its functions and configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

5 REPLIES 5

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If you are using ABP after Fiscal Year Change however, no ABP posting is taking place, this is because probably you are using Fiscal Year based (non-PBET).

In order that your scenario works you need to activate the PBTE (Period-Based Encumbrance Tracking) at least for the value types you are going to use with ABP.

If you are using PO for example, you will need to override the update profile for value type 51 to 'Period-Based'. Thuis is the same for all value types that you included in your ABP.

Please make a test with this customizing and let me know if the ABP is working as you expect.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

I am already using PBET.

Could you please help me in understanding the functionality of Automatic Budget Posting after fiscal year change as I could not see any change even after configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Just to be sure that you have done all the necessary customizing settings I will do a quick review of ABP after fiscal year change and at the end my comments about your last inquiry.

You define the settings in ABP for budget recovery after the fiscal year change.

Document changes to carried forward commitment documents (such as setting the completed indicator or reducing the amount) could cause commitment budget to be released in the new year and be consumed by new commitments if these settings are not defined.

These settings ensure that the commitment budget carried forward is automatically posted when document changes relevant to budget consumption occur. The system then automatically generates budget documents in the background.

To ABP after Fiscal Year Change work fine you must have:

- The Budget Control System (BCS) and the Budget Carryforward for Commitment are active.

- The carryforward level is used for commitment documents and invoices.

- The required Customizing settings should be defined in the implementation guide (IMG) of Funds Management, under Actual and Commitment Update/Integration -> General Settings -> Make Other Settings.

- The required Customizing settings should be defined in PSM / Fund Management Government / Closing operation / Closing operation for BCS / Set up automatic budget posting after fiscal year

change

The budget carried forward is released with corresponding document changes in the standard system and can also be consumed by documents from the new fiscal year.

Define the following settings:

=====================

- Activate the automatic budget postings (ABP) for budget recovery for your FM area and the new fiscal year.

- Define the document header attributes for the budget documents to be generated.

- Create a derivation strategy for the derivation of document line attributes of budget documents, maintain the derivation steps and assign the derivation strategy to the FM area and fiscal year.

To create a suitable derivation strategy, you must fill the target fields of the derivation strategy in accordance with the source fields:

- Determine whether the respective transaction (target field BUDGET_RELEVANT) is relevant for the generation of automatic budget documents.

- Define whether a sender line (target field SENDER_DATA) should be generated, in other words, whether the budget document has the structure of a transfer posting.

- Define the budget type for receiver and, if necessary, sender lines (target fields RBUDTYPE and SBUDTYPE) and fill the target fields for the budget account assignments.

To be able to define a derivation strategy, you can choose the relevant source fields from the input help. You can use the following step types to fill the target fields:

Derivation rules

Table Access

Assignment

Clear

Function modules

If you only want to repost part of the budget made available from the transaction, you must fill target field Percentage. If you want to generate more than one or pair of sender and receiver document lines, you must differentiate the relevant document line attrributes using the source fields NUMBER.

Therefore, if you have done all the customizing settings above you will see the results in the budget reports, the budget postings will be generated automatically. If you set ABP after fiscal year change, you ensure that the commitment budget carried forward is automatically posted when document changes relevant to budget consumption occur. In background, the system then automatically generates budget documents. This is the purpose of ABP and to be able to see results you should set one scenario that reflects this purpose. Please kindly evaluate my answers and let me know if I am going to the wrong or right direction.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

Let me tell you what I have understood:-

1) I created a PO with Value of Rs. 200 (fiscal year 2008) and then carried forward the PO to fiscal year 2009 thru FMJ2 and afterwards I released the budget for 2008 & 2009 as we are using releases on budget.

In fiscal year 2009, I created GR and Invoice against PO (checked final invoice) for Rs. 150/-, so commitment reduced by Rs. 200/- and actual budget consumption was Rs. 150/-, so when i see budget usage report I have Rs. 50/- as available budget. So, I feel after activating automatic budget after fiscal year change budget should be reduced by Rs. 50/- as I don't want new postings of fiscal year 2009 to use budget of fiscal year 2008.

2) After your reply I have activated carryforward level in make other settings as Invoice also, earlier it was only commitment, what is the functionality of carryforward level Invoice??

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

How should I create derivation rule for automatic budget posting as I might have defined it wrongly. Can u please explain what should I mention in Source fields and Target fields.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti