cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network/roll wait time is high

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my dialog instance is showing high response time at SMLG.

When i am checking Dialog Overview at RZ20, network response time of this server is very high.

When i am checking the parts of response time at ST03, roll wait time is always around 70% for this instance.

(4.7,2003 server, SQL 2000)

Kindly suggest me to resolve this.

Regards,

Gayathry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

one of the main reazons for having high roll wait time is that the dialog work processes are all busy

to check this out you can go to sm50 (or sm51 and select the server) and have a look at peak times

if there are enough free dialog work processes.

in the same tx, you can also check cpu times of dialog work proceses, if all of them have high cpu times

it means that you have a bottleneck there

Regards

Geert

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi gayatry

Roll wait time is the time spent in roll context waiting for RFCs.

During a synchronous RFC, the ABAP program is rolled out from the

work process. This time can be observed as roll wait time.

A large roll wait time is indicative for communication problem with external system or GUI.

If this is a continuous problem , would suggest you to try re installing your GUI and see if the problem stil persists.

Regards

Chen

Former Member

Hai,

Roll wait time means: During processing of some dialog steps, the user context may be rolled out; for example, during RFCs when the client is waiting for a response from the server. This wait time until the dialog step can continue is called the roll wait time.

try to check what RFC causes this, somtimes this may lead to rollfile overflow and in turn some background jobs might fail due to rollfile overflow.

Check SAP Notes:1100926 and 578118.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Edited by: Yoganand Vedagiri on Mar 12, 2009 1:47 PM