cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDMP or Single Code Page System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have SAP R/3 4.6C on AIX 5.3,Please can you tell me how to check if the system is

MDMP or Single code page System.

I found from the table TCPDB that there are no records(0 records) Does it mean Single code page System.

Please can you help me find out the solution.

Thanks

Deepu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Symply go to System -> Status if the system in Unicode then is Single Code Page if its Non-unicode is MDMP.

Usually 4.6c systems are non-unicode.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply, I forgot to mention that our system is Non-Unicode.Does that mean we have MDMP ?

Besically we were planning Upgrade and Unicode Conversion.

Please can you clarify the below statement from service market place.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/d011d050-8209-2b10-49b6-f18170514b4a&prtm... [original link is broken]

" If you are using only a single code page (which is supported according to SAP Note

73606, for example the Western European code page) Unicode is highly recommended, but in

general not mandatory (for details see note 73606).But: especially if you are running more

than one code page (e.g. MDMP) or a Blended code page, the conversion to Unicode is

mandatory.

Cheers

Deepu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a non-unicode system a unicode conversion is mandatory as far as I know.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats sounds logically good. isn't it? If you are running on multiple code pages then you should consider unicode conversion.

Please be ready for more hardware resources like hard disk space and processing power after unicode conversion. I am sure you must have read the relevant doucments and sized your system accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu

Suppose you have two user bases for same system, one base located in US and another one in China, for US guys the SAP looks like an application with everything written in english, while for the users in China same thing appears in Chinese (except the ABAP code), but both of them working simultaneously on the same system, without affecting the inegrity of the database.

In the non unicode system, this would be achieved using Multiple code pages (e.g one for English and one for Chinese) thus increasing system, load and will hit performance.

But to overcome this you have unicode system, with single code page for all the languages. But having your system in unicode is quite resource consuming as that would increase your system resource demand by almost 30% than the current availability.

Now if you ask what is a code page?? then follow the link given:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/5a981cfbaa06428abdfa32b81423d2/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rahul

Edited by: Rahul Deo on Mar 12, 2009 9:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After Running the RSCP0001/RSCPINST Report i was able to get the desired result.

Thanks

Deepu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try SM51->Release Notes.

Hope this helps.

Manoj