cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duty credit of returned materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

One of our branch returned few materials to factory which have been sent from factory at different times. Branch could not provide excise invoice nos, aginst which materials have been dispatched from factory. Can any body please suggest me , how can we take duty credit of the returned materials.

regards

kaushik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushik

One simple check what you can do is to check with FI people for outstanding payments of the customer who have returned the material. Wherever, there is old bills outstanding, you can consider those invioces as rejections and accordingly, in J1IH, you can refer the corresponding excise invoice number.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks dear for reply.

If i dont get the invoice no can i refer mat-document no(against which material has been recieved), but in this case which rate(exice duty) should i use? as exice rate has been changed three times within a year.

kaushik

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is the normal logic of the Top Management that in case of returns where they do not know the origin invoice reference, they will consider the first billing for which payment is outstanding. So in your case also, this logic can be applied.

Of course, this can be checked with your client also as they are answerable to Excise authorities.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathi

Our client agreed with your suggetion but part of the returned material was dead stock lying with branch. As material is Plywood so it can be again sold from factory.How can we take credit of those materials duty as branch could not send any relevent exice invoice.

Looking for your sugession.

kaushik

Answers (0)