cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Adobe Form / Abap webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a abap web dynpro application , where user input the data through the screens , at the last screen he has a button ' displaying the data in a PDF form in display mode ' which is an interactive adobe form . Is there any way we have the abiltiy to make changes to this PDF ( Change Mode Option ) whrere user will have an ability to correct the form and submit . Please give some suggestions and sample code reagarding this .

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use UpdateDataPDF mode in your interactive form. To change the properties dynmically please use the following class methods..

CL_WD_INTERACTIVE_FORM

Best Regards

Ravi Golla

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If I understand your question correctly, you just want the form to go into interactive mode? If that is the case (and you have the correct licesnes for interactive forms) then you can switch to interactive mode by setting the enabled property. Just be sure to include the header script in the form that is necessarily for ZCI based forms to be used in interactive mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In abap webdynpro application for view_pdf , under rootuielement container there is an Element Page header for which the properties enabled is u2018tickedu2019 and un tick for read only . When running the screens through the portal the PDF form is in display mode we need a change mode . I am not sure the correct licesnes for interactive forms and how to check it. Could you please give any more suggestions on this .

Thanks,

Kumar

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't understand what the page header element has to do with this. Your PDF should be running within the InteractiveForm UI element:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/0f/128841e8231709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

That is the UI element that you need to set the enabled flag on.

As far as licenses, you need to talk to the person who manages your SAP contract and licenses. Usage of print forms and SAP delivered interactive forms is part of your base SAP license. However the usage of customer created interactive forms requires the purchase of an additional license from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

The UI Element is an Interactive form with ticked 'enabled ' , it my mistake , the other thing is the form in the Action tab the form Open_PDF is not in the SFP transaction but in smartforms TC . Does this mean that the form is not an interactive for but a smart form with pdf format ?

Thanks,

Kumar.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If this is a smartform just converted to PDF, then it would not work interactive. You would need to conver the form to an Adobe Interactive Form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I created the adobe interactive form in wd-application.personal details form in that some input fields and submit button is there.

When i click the submit what i enterd in the form i have to get the data and place it in table.

for that i created the form and place the webdynpro activex submit button and write the code in the interactive form csubmit action.

In the runtime when i cleick the button that method can't be executed.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Consider switching to ZCI based forms instead of ACF. ACF is gong to be retired soon. ACF forms mean that you need an ActiveX control on the browser to work with interactive forms. It also means that support is limited to IE and that some of the new interactive UI elements can't be used. If the submit isn't work then the problem is generally with the version of the ACF activeX control. If you can't switch to ZCI then consider uninstalling and reinstalling the ACF on your client. Also check the service marketplace for Adobe interactive forms notes for your SP level. Depending upon the SP level; there can be several important notes to apply.