cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I find your below submission very useful and relevant to one of my client's request. Please could you guide me on how to implement the 'revenue recognition' functionality in SAP.

The scenario is a little bit different in this case - they have a situation where they create one sales order --> multiple deliveries (which could be PGI'd into multiple posting periods eg Jan & Feb) --> but the customer needs only one billing document (eg posted in Feb).

The problem here is that Cost of Goods Sold is posted into Jan & Feb and the entire revenue is posted into Feb.

My question is - can revenue recognition be used to accrue revenue at the point of delivery/PGI?

Thanks, Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is - can revenue recognition be used to accrue revenue at the point of delivery/PGI?

-> Yes,it is possible.

Please refer to Service-related revenue recognition in the link below, in customizing it will be category 'B'

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/46/74a073b4e411d199bc0000e8a5bd28/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felix,

Please refer to the following Notes regarding the functionality of Revenue Recognition in SAP.

Regards,

Raghavendra