cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when refreshing the reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Strange, when i refresh a Webi report, i get this error - "You do not have the right to access data returned by this universe . Error WIS 00504". What could be the problem? And when i refresh a DESKI report, i get this error - "Universe connection not accessible. Cannot load universe". I moved these reports from one environment to another. It worked fine in the other enivironment(test). Any help on this much appreciated

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Genrally you will get this error when reports are pointed to production(other environment) universes and user doesn't have access th that universes. So to refresh those reports you should have access or if you are admin goto CMC -> Universes -> add the universes to your user.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes . This probem can be solved by giving right to the universe and connection in CMC.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

You dont have rights on that universe thats the reason you are getting that error.

Go to CMS and give rights to universe and universe connection.

Cheers,

Ravichandra k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just an idea you need to give access to the group to the universe (better universe folder) first and then to the connection.

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

This error can occur if the user attempting to view the Web Intelligence document does not have the Data Access right to both the universe and the universe connection.

To resolve this error message, grant the Data Access right for the user that sees this error message, to both the universe and universe connection objects inside the Central Management Console (CMC).

I Hope this helpsu2026

Thanksu2026

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the CMC console, check if the user which runs the report has the correct privileges on the connection to the universe