Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Area to be editable in CJ20N->Root WBS level

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Wrong business area got assigned to the WBS and later some Transactions

got posted to the same WBS.

Now we need to change the Business Area. But 'Business Area'

under "CJ20N->Root WBS->Assignements Tab" is not in editable mode.

Do check the same and let us know how to proceed further.

Regards,

Raj Kumar Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business area is assigned to the project profile in the IMG setting.

So you can change the business area assigned to that WBS by cjanging at the IMG setting in the node.

IMG---Project System---Operative Structures-Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)---Create Project Profile The transaction code is OPSA.

Change the Business area here to corresponding project profile,it will automatically reflected to the WBS.

Regards,

Raj.

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I cannot do this.

The profile which I am using is common for many Projects and all the Projects doesn't have the same Business Area.

Regards,

Raj Kumar Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Have you solved the issue? We have the same issue in our installation.

Best regards,

Jheison A. Urzola H.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in transaction OPUK set the field Business Area as editable (display radio button should not be selected)

0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

The configuration for Business Area in OPUK is in 'Input' mode only.

Still the Business Area in in Display mode.

Regards,

Raj Kumar Reddy.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that means your project is released and that there are costs posted

check what happens if you create a new project - system should allow

if you have costs posted then you have to reverse all posts

run CJEN

then see if you can change Bus Area

then post all the costs again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Could you help us please. How can we revert the posting costs? We have the problem described here and we haven't been able to solve it.

Best regards,

Jheison A. Urzola H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Could you help us please. How can we revert the posting costs? We have the problem described here and we haven't been able to solve it.

Best regards,

Jheison A. Urzola H.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on what type of costs are being posted, you can reverse them.

Eg if Goods reciept has been done - You have to cancel the same

also if the actvity in confimed - You need to cancel the confirmation

Hope this will help

Best regards,

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jheison

Reverting the posted cost depends on what costs the cost object(WBS) is holding.

As Anjali explained, first you have recognise them.Also there are various factors like Whether that cost posted in that WBS has been settled, in which period was it settled,Is that period open now.

So there are various factors, I would suggest you to get the guidance from your FICO consultant for removing those costs from that WBS element.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jheison, even if you reverse the posting I dont think the Business area field will be changed to editable mode. Because, reversing also a cost posting with negative value and there will be a line itme posted to that WBSE. So, if you any postings the business area will be greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jheison,

I tried your scenario.As Mohammed Rafi said,I am not able to change the business area even after reversing the cost,because the field is still in display mode.I tried out Mass change only in that WBS, then I tried substitution.But both in vain.As per the message I get, we can change the Business area by Substitution or BDC.You can try out with BDC.But I think better to create a new WBS with the required Business area and transfer the costs to it.