cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-starting of workflow during the approval process WS14000133

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Guru's,

Workflow is not getting re-started during the approval process.

following is the system settings.

1)Using WS14000133 - N-Step SC approval workflow.

2)in pfcg - BBP_WFL_SECURITY set to level 2 (Low - workflow always restarted when any change are done)

Suppose SC determines 3 level of approval APP1 , APP2 and APP3. Let's assume that SC value is Rs.100.00

APP1 approval is done, after the approval of APP1, SC is waiting for approval from APP2. During this time SC requestor changes the value of SC from 100 to 500. In such condition workflow should get restarted as per the setting and APP1 should get the workitem in his inbox. Which is not happening.

We are not using BBP_WFL_SECURE_BADI, that means with the following document link, user authorization in pfcg will take the precedence.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm30/helpdata/en/37/830b3b7e7ef74de10000000a114084/content.htm

Your immediate feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Manish ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the workflow security at the user level in --> transaction SU01 --> personalization tab --> BBP_WFL_SECURITY.

what is happening after the requestor changes the value from 100 to 500 ? is the workitem still in the inbox of approver 2?

please check the workflow log in transaction --> swi6 --> object type --> bus2121 and with shopping cart number as input.

how many entries do you see there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for reply,

1.Workflow security leve is set to Low (2) for both, approver and requestor.

2.After changing the shopping cart, workitem remaines there in inbox of APP2.

3.It shows only 1 entry for that particular shopping cart and following is the status.

I need to understand one thing, even if the security level (Low-2), does workflow looks for start conditions?

What if I use the BADI, BBP_WFL_SECURE_BADI? Will that solve this problem.?

Step name Status Result Time stamp Agent

Determine next, Completed 12.03.2009 - 09:14:41 Workflow System

Approver

Approve shopping cart Completed Step Executed 12.03.2009 - 09:21:49 RAKESH

of MURTUZA with value

100,00 INR

Determine next Approver Completed 12.03.2009 - 09:21:50 RAKESH

Approve shopping cart Ready 12.03.2009 - 09:21:50 Information...

of MURTUZA with value

500,00 INR Ready

Pls reply if you have any clue on this...thanks again for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using Item Approval (WS14500015)? I don't think this workflow has a restart of the approval step(as standard) irrespective of the personalisation settings. There are several notes about the restart of WS14500015.

A restart can be 'programmed' in the BADI BBP_WFL_APPROV (I think is the BADI name ...). Again, there are notes around this on OSS.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one more question

1) what is the value shown when the workitem is in the inbox of approver2 now? after the requestor changes the value from 100 to 500?

from the workflow log , it looks like it is 500 .

2) what is the support pack level of your SRM system?

3) you have to check the function module --> BBP_WFL_RESTART , there one flag iv_restart should be 'X'.

then the workflow restart will happen.

4) you may also want to debug the change of shopping cart value from 100 to 500 , then you can find out for sure why the restart does not happen.

5) breakpoint at

Subroutine

procdoc_wfl_update

saplbbp_pd(program).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for replies. I am seeing some hope of solving my problem.

1) In the subject line of workitem of APP2 it still it shows the value as 100. After going in details of shopping cart it shows the changed value i.e. 500. Bur my problem is new workflow should get started with value of 500 in the workitem of APP1. Once that is done, on approval of APP1 new workitem with 500 will be sent to APP2.

2)we are on SP level 12.

3)Let me check the functional module BBP_WFL_RESTART, As I have to take the help of APABer to check this. Will get back to you the flag setting of this.

4)With the help of technical team we will debug the shopping cart change.

Thanks again for your reply.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i know your problem , but for the issue to be solved , we have to check out all places where problem might be happening.

and also for the debugging to be possible --> in SRM you need to maintain one flag for --> iv_dialog , or else it will not be possible to debug.

all the workflow update happens as background task.

let me know if your abaper was able to get breakpoint at the code i mentioned , then i will further guide you of what further function modules you should look at.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for replying late.

We have not found the functional module 'BBP_WFL_RESTART' in our system. bye the name it seems that this is BADI name. But there is no BADI with such name. Can you please confirm the FM name/BADI name.?

Once we have this we should be able to debug the same.

Thanks for reply.

former_member526144
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab paul,

Can you please share me the sample code for N-step BADI.

I want to implement N-step badi based on account assignment and plnt combination..i have to pickup 5 approvers from the ztable. please guide me how to start abt this.

Thnaks

Ravi

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is function module --> please check in transaction se37 --> search using --> bbprestart and use f4 button

Function Module is bbp_pdh_wfl_restart which will decide wether workflow will be restarted (or) not.

if the flag iv_restart is yes , workflow restarts . If not , workflow does not restart.

Edited by: khan voyalpad usman on Apr 6, 2009 6:46 AM