cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a issue where my customer has given me a predefined error message but in reality it is an business error. they want it to be a syncronous interface where there is a request, response and the "error" message they have provided. it works like this: if the request message contains a company code that does not exist then they want the "error" message to flag it. but the thing is that if I use syncronous interface then i have to put the "error" message in the Fault Message type field...which then gives gives system error in my sxmb_moni. my issue is that the "error" reply is actually not an system error but a business error...which means that if the company code does not exist i want to return a normal message with their predefined "error" structure. I don't want it to return actuall error in the log.

anyone?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sabyasachi_mohapatra3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sonny

you can go for alerts that will be fired to your mail server.

Regards

sabyasachi

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonny,

error message but in reality it is an business error.

Business errors are nothing but Application Error only and Fault messages can only be used in case of application errors.

then gives gives system error in my sxmb_moni

It should not give any system error you must have done something wrong while mapping the Fault messages just check if mapping that includes fault messages is executing propelry. Also what is the error that you are getting in moni ?

You can do one more thing :

Perform the lookup in the mapping for company code if the source company code matches then go ahead else show some messges through Mapping only.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply,

The thing is that when we send a request to a webservice searching for a customer and the customer does not exist, then we will get back an exception from the supplier system which will show error (red flag) in our sxmb_moni. if the customer does not exist then it should not be an exception because it is not an error it is a normal scenario and should be managed as a normal reply. what I want is that when the customer does not exist then the reply should be put in the response message and not as an exception. but in our case as it is now the reply goes directly to the Fault Message which triggers an exception.

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case you can use the SOARTM standards in this cases. you can pass the message in response header of soartm under node "tier2Condition".

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sender and receiver?