Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in mailing chinese characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have some problem in mailing chinese characters

Scenario:

1.I am trying to send the saleorder details as a mail, from the output types of sale order.

2.The details of the related cutomer in sales order is maintained in chinese in (XD01)

3.When I login in chinese language the mail generated is having chinesse texts as expected..But when i login in english language, the mail generates some JUNK values in place of chinese texts in SOST.

Note: If i generate a mail by loging in English, i need the chinese text as such maintained in XD01.Please give a solution for this problem.

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is system type ? MDMP or Unicode ? Where are you fetching sales data from ? Table or Text file ? What is the character or language there ?

0 Kudos

1) system type? i didnt get you

2)It is MDMP

3) fetching datas from sales order header (VBAK) and Item (VBAP) table.

4) language is chinese

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Note: If i generate a mail by loging in English, i need the chinese text as such maintained in XD01.Please give a solution for this problem

This is not possible in an MDMP system. To do that you will have to convert your system to Unicode.

The reason is that in an MDMP system the user context interprets all characters in the logon language. Since the double byte characters are not part of the codepage used for EN language, this is not possible.

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Even if i login in Chinese and tried to send a mail, the chineses characters are looking correctly upto SOST.But when it moves out of SAP to lotus notes or Gmail, it turns junk.

Thanks,

Prakash.

0 Kudos

- What release are you using?

- How do you mail them (what product to you use?)

Markus

0 Kudos

I use 4.7 vesrion.

From sales order -> extras-> output-> header-> edit

It will take you to output screen.There we will select the output type and set the option to SEND IMMEDIATELY. then the sale order will be saved. then a mail will get deposited in tt-code SOST.Upto here i can see the content correctly in chinese.

from there when i execute it, it will reach to lotus notes or Gmail.here it turns junk.

0 Kudos

So you send this as PDF?

Markus

0 Kudos

No.. I am sending it using a function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

Moreover in the mail title and texts part of a output type in NACE, i am maintaining a template.

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos

> No.. I am sending it using a function module 'SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'.

Ok.

> Moreover in the mail title and texts part of a output type in NACE, i am maintaining a template.

Two additional questions:

- What codepage is defined in your SMTP connection in transaction SCOT (doubleclick on SMTP)?

- under which logon (EN or CN) runs the sender job?

Markus

0 Kudos

Markus,

1) Now the code page is 'NO CONVERSION TO OTHER CHARACTER SET'. I even tried changing it to 'simplified chinese for front ends', 'unicode UTF-8', 'UTF-16BE unicode' etc.

2) I an logging in chinese. In sale order output part i tried both EN and ZH(simplified chinese).But still i could see only Junk values.

Thanks

Prakash

0 Kudos

And the sender job is running under which language?

Markus

0 Kudos

I didnt get you... how to know the sender job's language?

0 Kudos

If you use the SCOT SMTP interface a job need to run to actually SEND the message. Under which language was this job created?

Markus

0 Kudos

I am not aware of this.. Is there any way to find it? Can you please guide me how to find the sender job's language..

Thanks

Prakash.

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

The junk characters which you are getting in lotus notes and mail id is due to font incompatibility.

Because these Chinese characters are not supported by ordinary fonts.

To resolve this issue select all the text and change the font to Arial Unicode MS which is a Unicode font and you will be able to view and send the Chinese character.

Please check it and confirm.