cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress analysis scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one help me with a sample scnario for Progress Analysis which can help in understanding what events will lead to Cost Variance or schedule Variance and will give me EAC, ETC etc.

I have all the settings done for progress analysis, but I am getting same values for BCWP & ACWP.

Also, how is Plan POC related to schedule/duration/period of the activity?

Regards,

VDS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

please have a look at the SAP online documentation following this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/b4/ba853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Project Progress -> Progress Analysis:

There you can find a list with the relevant KPI's, formulas and questions they will help to answer.

Project Progress -> Progress Analysis Progress:

There you can find a short scenario with a diagramm which explains the cost variance and schedule variance.

The relation of the POC calculation to values like schedule/duration/period is depending on the measurement method which is used, as every measurement method uses different values as basis for the calculation. So a general answer can't be given on that.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard reports offer various values we can use to assess the progress of the project. The following fields are defined in the standard progress analysis reports:

- Planned POC in percent

- Actual POC in percent

- Budget Cost of Work Schedule, BCWS

- Budget Cost of Work Performed, BCWP

- Cost variance (CV)

- Schedule variance (SV)

- Value index (CPI)

- Estimated costs at completion (EAC)

Regards,

Raj