cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogenious System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to do System Copy from Production to Development.

windows 2003 server x64bit ent / sql 2005

My production Server is in Distributed environment (in 2 host )and i am having Development in one host. Is it possible to go ahead with single box for System copy?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before you do anything...

You should not be doing a system copy to DEV as you'll destroy all version management.

What are you trying to achieve?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is New DEV server .

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what happen to the old DEV server?

My production Server is in Distributed environment (in 2 host )and i am having Development in one host. Is it possible to go ahead with single box for System copy?

Yes its possible, a HSC is basically a DB copy... just read the HSC guide available at SAP marketplace. http://service.sap.com/systemcopy

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are going to use this New DEV server for another project

My production Server is in Distributed environment (in 2 host )and i am having Development in one host. Is it possible to go ahead with single box as Target System for System copy?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just replied above

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

walid_nttdata
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

It is not possible to export the version management before and reimport it after System copy?

We are running currently a system refresh from PRD to DEV.

Are there any other topics than versioning to be attend?

Regrads

Walid

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do system copy from production to quality so that you can test the changes made in development using the latest data on Quality system.

But if you do on Development system the version management is not possible as already said.

Regards,

Kalyan