cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font size limited

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am doing one smartform. In one text field when i want the font size to be 5. But irrespective of what size you are giving the output is coming in size 8 only. I have tried only paragraph format,only chracter format as well as combination of both.But whatever font size is used the output is always coming in size 8 font.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check with Basis team regraing the printer settings....

Former Member
0 Kudos

But even in the print preview it is showing font 8.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try printing it on the paper and check.

Sometimes, you seem to have different output compared to Print Preview.

Just update the printer name in SPAD and try

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fonts and Font sizes are dependent to what is installed to the "device type". You can check if the font/font size is available through SE73 (click Printer Fonts button).

To know which "device type" you are using, you have to know your "output device" (ex. LP01). This is found in SPAD. View the "output device" and you will see the "device type" assigned to it.

When you're in the Font list of a device type (in SE73), you better choose scaleable fonts to have small font sizes. Also take note of Bold and Italics if available. If you forced your form to choose a font/font size that is not available, it will do a font substitution that's why you will see a different size/font face.

If the font you need is not available, ask the Basis team to add it (if you don't have permission). If it's not really available, choose which is closest to your requirement.

So, when the requirement form is very specific in the layout, it's better to know the exact printer it will be printed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Amit Sawant

you check the Forum use full for you,

[;

Regards,

Ansari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most fonts can't be printed smaller then 8 dpi.

There are fonts which can smaller

. But 5 is a very unusable one

Try 4 or 6. This will increase your chance for succes.

Helve can in most cases printed smaller as 8 dpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In table TFO04 you can see for which fonts (and which drivers) all allowed fontsizes.

Gr., Frank

Note: it is a big table with about 500.000 entries

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

probably the kind of font that u r using can't be lower than 8.

I have used the font Helve with a size of 4 and it works fine.

i havent do anything else (basis, printer...), just actived and it works.

Hope it'll be useful

Regards