cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiniWAS 620 Bad page on Data volume 1 blockno 0 - corrupt database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed the 620 MiniWAS.

Unfortunately,I had a few installation problems, however, managed to overcome all but a problem when trying to import the example transport.

I tried following ideas from this forum and other sources on the internet. These included upgrading the Kernel and SAPDB. My main intent was to get the ICU*.DLL files in place, however, I still donot seem to have these files, despite the upgrades.

Unfortunately, I now seem to have some corruption when I try to start the database - specifically, I see the message "Bad page on Data volume 1 blockno 0" in one of the log files.

Having done some further investigation, it seems that although my Kernel and database environments have been upgraded successfully (versions 7.4.03.32 and 7.4.3, respectively), my actual data files are still in the 7.3.0 format.

I think I may have run the SDBINST routine rather than the SDBUPD routine when I performed the upgrade which (I guess) would cause this type of problem.

I do have a backup of the miniWAS directory (pre-upgrade) but I don't have a copy of the SAPDB directory.

Before I resort to uninstalling and re-installing from scratch, I was wondering about a last ditch attempt at restoring miniWAS from my copy (which should reset the Kernel) and uninstalling SAPDB and re-installing it back at the 7.3.0 version before running the SAPDB upgrade properly.

I was just wondering if anyone had any better suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this problem or if anyoneelse has already done something similar.

Many thanks, Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from which exact SAP DB 7.3 (incl. Build-nr.) version did you got to 7.4.03 Build 32?

Indeed, you should have used SDBUPD instead of SDBINST, because this is not a simple upgrade, but a migration and several migration steps are needed, but <b>only</b> executed when using SDBUPD.

At this point in time, I think you've only got one solution: going back to the initial situation in SAP DB version 7.3.

Regards,

Roland

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your response. In the end, I uninstalled and re-installed everything from scratch and got over this error.

Thanks, Andy