SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to search an attached document to a business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please guide me about: if i want to attach any document to a business partner, at that time is it possible to insert some attribute values to the document, so that we can search it or retrieve it at any time with the help of these attributes.

And also please guide me about: Is it possible to have a list of documents which are attached at different business partners(contract partners)?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Mar 12, 2009 9:56 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vash Vash,

Yes it is possible. If you are uploading the file from desktop (say), you mention rename the file name so that you can have your own attribute for the files. or alternatively, you can change the name of the doc duirng saving of the attachment to the BP.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vash Vash,

Yes it is possible. If you are uploading the file from desktop (say), you mention rename the file name so that you can have your own attribute for the files. or alternatively, you can change the name of the doc duirng saving of the attachment to the BP.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your reply please.

Please guide me: is it possible to search all the documents which are attached to different business partners? Is there any transaction exists which can show all the documents which are attached to different business partners?

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vash Vash,

Use T-Code OAER.

Class name should be BUS1006

Class type should be BO

Now press F8.

It prompts for BP number.

Now this displays all the docs for the BP.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your very valuable reply.

I have one more query, the documents we attach there at the bp level, they are getting stored at the bor.

Are these documents getting stored after compression or we have to explicitly compress them.

Suppose if we store documents for all the customers at the bp level, then, is it recommended to store the documents this way? As the document size is very big and it requires a big storage area.

So please guide me about the right approach.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vash,

I did not get what you mean by bor.

Docs are stored at BP Level. You can compress them and then upload to save space.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Please guide me, is it recommended to attach all the documents for all consumer's at the bp level.

Or should we go for DMS. As DMS is not configured in our system then what should we do, if possible then please describe the process through which we can configure that.

We are actually able to run transaction cv01n but many things are not properly configured.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Vash,

I'm not too sure but BP may have multiple CAs'. Right? In that case you'd attach all the docs of the CAs at BP level only. Right? Suggest you to gather what your client is looking at.

Below link(s) may be useful to you for DMS

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-dms.htm

http://www.leverx.com/Documents/Ten_Questions-DMS_SEP07.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/30/08a037b9e62417e10000009b38f889/content.htm

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions and help.

It was really a great help.

Please send some more links where we can find helpful documents.

Please also describe the functionalities which are available in the existing sap-isu 4.7 regarding document storage, like where should we store data so that fast searching and eccessing is possible.

Please guide

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Mar 13, 2009 6:34 AM