cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD and server names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

I have a problem with SLD configuration and I hope that somebody might help me.

We have 2 ERP systems installed on 2 different servers. Servers have the same name, but they are in different domains (that means different FQDN). I'll call them server.first.com and server.second.com. We also have 2 SLDs and Solman installed.

server.first.com is configured to send data to SLD1 (this SLD is used for XI).

server.second.com is configured to send data to SLD2 (central SLD, providing data to SolMan).

There is a bridge between SLD1 and SLD2 enabling SLD1 to update SLD2.

Solution manager gets information about systems from SLD2.

Now, problem is that SLD doesn't register FQDN but only host names and that causes a conflict in SLD and later in SolMan.

Is it possible to solve this by reconfiguring the SLD/SolMan landscape, modifying the data sent from systems to SLD or any other way?

In any way I would like to keep the connections between ERP systems and SLD and up-to-date information in SLD. I just need a way to distinguish between servers which have the same name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Grigor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grigor

checkout #1052122 + #764393

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nesimi,

thanks for the proposal. I've checked the notes already before.

The problem is that, even if I would have 2 SLD instances and I would be able to distinguish between hosts by SLD where they are registered, in System Landscape in SolMan I still can't have 2 servers with the same name.

Is it possible somehow to create 2 servers in SMSY, with different names, based on SLD where they are registered?

Kind regards,

Grigor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you could use an alias 1 and alias 2 for the hostnames of the servers on operating system level.

kr

andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

I am not sure that I understand what do you mean by "alias on server level".

Problem is that, as far as I know, in SLD and in SolMan there can't exist two servers with the same name, although they might have different IP addresses, are in different domains or have different additional data.

Could you please clarify.

Kind regards,

Grigor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Grigor,

an alias is like a virtual hostname on operating system level.

On NT for example they are added in the "hosts" file, the NT

administrator should know.

Then you could use the virtual hostname (alias) in the SLD.

Kind regards,

Andreas