cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert from XI through an UDF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone thru this thread in which it is saying that we can trigger alert from an simple UDF by writing throw new RuntimeException("MAPPINGERRORS");

i gone thru bhavesh blog 4077 in which it is sending alerts thru UDF but calling a external SAP System.

but i want an alert to be triggered from XI when a mapping fail occurs.

Can anybody let me know the solution.

Thanks

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The UDF shown in the blog calls an RFC at XI system only. What do you mean by "calling a external SAP System"?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek/Joel,

you mean to say that ..without calling SALRT_CREATE function module , we cant trigger alerts from UDF with simple code(throw new RuntimeException("This occurred to trigger an alert");

) as suggested by Raj in thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any updates on this thread....

Thanks

Kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First of all you will need to take care to generate an exception during mapping.

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

After the exception is raised handle the same using the blog by bhavesh that you have been following.

I understand that this is not a tailor made solution to your problem , you may face some hiccups but then thats how things are .

The above solution is a good way to start with.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alert during mapping errors are standard features provided in XI.

please refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm