cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW and XI on the same physical server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to send data into BW via XI. My BW and Xi are running on the same physical server.

When I tried to send data , I got the error "proxy not allowed on IS".

So I changed the Business system as Application server in global settings.

But now when I try to send, I am getting an error message

Interface registration error.

I created my proxy under BW 3.5

What could be the problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also have XI and BW in the same physical server, and they have the same client number, the only thing that is different is the system number. I already check that I created the proxy in the BW instance, and it is configured as an Aplication System. I haven´t touch at all Tcode SPROXY from my XI.

After all this I still get the message:

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">PROXY_NOT_ALLOWED_ON_IS</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Proxy calls on the sender or receiver side are not permitted on the IS (client)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

Every time I ran this interface, in the SXMB_MONI appears two messages, one succesfully procesed in the central pipeline and the other one with this error in the receiver pipeline.

I really don´t know what to do, I have been looking every where.

Hoping for help,

Carlos

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

First of all you need to generate proxy in the Application system. In your case different instance probably.

More info about Proxy-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/91/de56456be146e791bf88188306aa57/frameset.htm

Some info about BW and XI integration-

/people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Although you have BW and XI running on the same physical server, logically there are two different instances.

Now, first I guess you tried creating the PROXY in the integration server, that is why it gave you that error. You should not change that system to be your application system, because now you don't have a integration server. Please revert back the changes and generate a PROXY on the BW instances, provided you have done the required config.

Regards,

Ravi