cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the document management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to document management system. My request is about how can we configure the document management system in our sap system, actually we are not using sap for storage of documents.

Is there some way, so that we can attached documents in the system and put some attributes with them so as to retrieve and search purpose.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vash

First create adir using cv01n tcode. the dir will be haing he metadata like document number, type, version etc

Then attach the original document(word/excel/pdf) whatever in the originals tab in the dir.

You can store the originals in SAP database itself if you dont have many originals to be stored so that the database wont be overloaded.

regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me, if we have many document to attach with some attribute values, then what should we do, which approach we should follow. We are working on isu 4.7.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Mar 12, 2009 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vash

You can link sap objects to dir by doing object linking.

if you want many documents to have same attributes then either you can attach them as originals in the same dir or a better way is to create characteristics with some values and attach them to a class.

Then the dir can be classified accordingly in the classification tab, it will be useful in searching.

regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

I request you to please elaborate your answer a bit more.

I have one more query, if i want to attach any document to a business partner, at that time is it possible to insert some attribute values to the document, so that we can search it or retrieve it at any time with the help of these attributes.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MPVash Vash on Mar 12, 2009 9:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vash

For creating characteristics and classes plz refer the query posted on march 3rd by nagar with subject

how to release a document in DMS. In that the last post its given in a detailed way.

You can also refer to wiki article in dms titled Mandatory classification characteristics

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one more query, if i want to attach any document to a business partner, at that time is it possible to insert some attribute values to the document, so that we can search it or retrieve it at any time with the help of these attributes.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vash

You can link any sap object with document/dir. But they may not be already defined in the object links available in the standard sap. Plz go through the help on control data--> maintain key fields.

Regards

Prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards