cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Activation of Activities in WDJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am devleoping a WDJ application on track. I have a NW7.0 SP15 server.

Although i dont get any error when i do a DC-build/deploy, but when i try to check-in & activate the activities, i am getting the following CBS-build Error:

ERROR: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.RepositoryRuntimeException: Cannot determine role name in parent for com.sap.ide.metamodel.webdynpro.component.view.InterfaceView(<window package name>.<window>WinInterfaceView)

I tried deleting that window, but that error shifted to another window...

Any ideas..???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

fyi: Moved to NWDI forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Logon to CBS and see the log created there for the activation attempt that you made. IN CBS, You will find a list of activities created. select the ones which are giving error while activation and see the related trace.

Launching the NWDI Start Page

1. To display the start page of the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure, use the following URL:

http://<host name>:<port number>/devinf

2. Log on with a valid user. The SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure screen appears. Links to all NWDI components and System Landscape Directory are displayed here. Under this description, the domain managed by CMS and a list of the tracks that exist in this domain are displayed.

Regards

Mohammad

Edited by: Mohammed Bohra on Oct 3, 2010 11:14 AM

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

In view "WebDynpro Explorer" click the right mouse button on the SRC folder, go in the DTR and add entire sub-tree.

This error should be occurring because the NWDS some time left to add inner classes in DTR.

att,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hanoz,

Did u get the answer of this issue.

i am allso facing the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

When you do DC build on the project, it is against the local sources ie. all sources available in your local workspace whereas CBS activitation is DC build with the sources available in the repository.

As Siva mentioned & you verified, it is very important to check-in the activities with all the changes of the dependent DCs & activate them.

It really looks to be an issue with the difference in the source available locally & in repository.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I completely agree with what you said.

Thats why, i tired deleting that window (which was embedding the interfacewin of a UsedDC).

But this time, i got the sam exception for another window, which had views of the same component embedded in it.

I think this problem is something else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try repairing the DC, WD project, WD component and all windows and views.

If it still fails, delete all the gen* folders and rebuild.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like i said before...i m NOT getting any errors when i am doing a DC-Build/Deploy. Infact, the application runs fine too.

However, when i try to check-in & activate the activity, that is when the CBS-Build happens, & that is where the activation fails & i get the mentioned error message.

@Siva: Yes i have some usedDCs. I have ensured that they are synced properly, & they are also activated properly.

Edited by: Hanoz Tarapore on Mar 12, 2009 9:05 PM

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanoz,

Do that component have any used components?

Please check those DCs as well.

Try Developement Component -> Build option in the context menu for each used DC.

Regards,

Siva