0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying a scenario in which following steps are to be performed :

1.Send Request from SAP to JDBC adapter

2.Get he data retrived from JDBC.

3.Update table in SAP R3

4.Set the flag for updated records in oracle database using JDBC

5.Receive success message for Update action from JDBC

I want to know how to design a bpm for this ? What will be the steps those should be used ?

Regards,

Keith.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you sending data from SAP to JDBC ? Is it Idoc/RFC/ABAP Proxy?

If you are using Sync. RFC/ABAP proxy then it is better.

steps-

1) Receive the message from R/3 - ABAP proxy/RFC

2) Transformation

3) Send - SYnc to JDBC

4) Get the repsonse

5) send(Sync) the Response back to ABAP Proxy/RFC . So there should be Sync. ABAP proxy or RFC is required.

6) Get the response back from R/3 and Send(Sync) to JDBC

7) Receive the acknowledgement from JDBC

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

I want to know whether whether any special care to be taken in BPM when number of records read from JDBC adapter is huge ( in my case it will be around 8000-9000 records at a single select).

Regards,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kp,

I am developing an interface File-XI-JDBC (Stored procedure). I don't need to have it as synchronous. But I need to get the success/failure message from the Oracle database and raise an alert in case of a failure. How can I achieve this?

1)Do I need to use BPM for this? Or Can I set an application acknowledgement from the Oracle database which can raise an alert in XI?

Please help me finding the procedure.

Thanks

Kalyan

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

plz have a look to my weblog <a href="/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements Logical System Name for serveral BPM Acknowledgements</a>, where i described your scenario, if u use IDoc channel. The theme is a little bit complex because every business process has his own "logical system name", what leads to the strange situation, that you have to configure a new partner profile in R/3 for every ALEAUD acknowledgement, what has to send back as success control. My design would avoid that.

If you use asynchron ABAP proxys or asynchron RFC instead of IDoc the scenario would be nearly same, but of course you dont need to send the acknowledgement back to XI over http, you can send it directly to R/3.

In case of synchronous communication you dont need BPM.

Regards,

Udo