cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text item category in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to enter a material in a sales order as line item with item category as TATX(text). Can anyone help me in item category determination for the same? and also the Material master settings to be done.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Item Category will be determined by the following..

Sales Doc Type + Item Category Group + Item Usage + Item category of Higher level Item.

In your case,

You need to maintain the setting as,

OR(Sales Doc Type)""TEXT+TAN = TATX

If the Higher line item has the item category as 'TAN' - then item category will be determined for the new item as 'TATX'.

I am not sure - which Item category group do we need to assign to the material in Sales Org1. view.

If you have assigned any item category group to a material, then you do need to enter that item category group as mentioned above in the transaction VOV4.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat,

You mean I have to enter the material as second line item to determine as text item?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The higher level item category will be mainly used in BOM(Bill of Materials)..

I have not created any sale order as you said..

You try it once. You will come to know..

But Item category determination works as I said previously..

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 12, 2009 5:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have determined as following

zornormtexttanzatx

but still error is occuring NO ITEM CATEGORY AVAILABLE (table T184 ZOR NORM)

Any material settings need to be done?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Please maintain entry in VOV7.

ZOR NORM " " + " " = TATX

It will resove it.

In this case, no higher level item category is needed..

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ensure the item category determination like below:

Saels doc type / Gen item cat group / usage / Higher lever item cat / default item cat

OR + NIL text nil text (AS

MAIN ITEM THERE IS NO MAIN ITEM)

OR + NIL TEXT TAN TEXT (AS SUB ITEM TO MAIN ITEM)

hope this will help u

regards,

sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadanandam,

Do we need to enter the item category group or not required? The sales order is not getting determined. error is thrown that item category not determined for this material.

I cannot create a material without item category because it will not allow to create sales views without item category in sales org2 view.

Please help.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadanandam,

The first option suggested by you is not working.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

If we want to enter a materil with the item category TATX - then you need to enter the details in VOV7 as we said..

Sales Dcoc Type + ITem category Group + Usage + Higher level Item Category = Default Item category.

ZOR + (Ur Item category Group) + NIL + NIL = TATX (if it is a main item)

ZOR + (Ur Item category Group) + NIL + TAN/ITem category of higher level item = TATX(if it is a sub item).

Hope it clarifies.

Rajesh : Please close this thread if it is answered.Hope the answer given by Pradyumna clarified you a better in understanding Item category for Text Item. Thank you very much Pradyumna for your clear explanation. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 13, 2009 2:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Normally we do not create a material master data for a Text item.

"Item category group" used for determining the "Item category " is specified in the Material master data where as here we do not have a material master data for the Text material, normally.

That is why ,if you enter a material in the Sale order without giving the material number(only just entering description), then system understands it as a Text material and determines its Item category as TATX.

The determination takes place as below,

Order type (e.g, OR) + Item cat group(blank) + Item usage( TEXT) + Item cat of hgh level item(blank) -

> Item category (TATX).

If you will go to the Item category determination for Sales in IMG, then you will find the above assignment.

If you have already created the material master data for the material and you want to use it as a Text item in the Sales order, then you can make the assignment like below.

Order type (e.g, OR) + Item cat group(e.g, NORM) + Item usage(e.g,TEXT) + (blank) -

> Item cat( e.g,TATX) so that system will automatically propose the item category as TATX in the sales order.

Hope, this will solve your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Go with the following steps:

1. If this is a special material and you have to sell it always as text item then:

In the material Master Set a new item ctg group which bifurcate this material from others, which normally you will be selling on a price.

2. Now with this newly created item ctg group, go to item ctg determination in sales and determine:

Order Type+"Newly created item ctg group"= Text Item ctg. TATX

Please note that if this is the only material in sales order you dont need to put heigher level item ctg.

3. if this is not the only material, that is if some material persists above this in the sales order then use the item ctg of above material along with it like:

Order Type"Newly created item ctg group" Item ctg of above material = Text Item ctg. TATX

This will determine the item ctg as text in the sales order for your item.

Hope this is useful.

Best Regards

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Chawla on Mar 12, 2009 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I dont have any BOM for this sales order. I want to enter this material anywhere in the sales order but it should be determined as text item. How can it be done? I want to use this material for reference only and relevant for delivery. No need for billing or pricing.

Thanks,

Rajesh