Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf files can not be seen and mpp files can not be loaded

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While I was looking for answers for my problem I got into the post Creation of Road Map, and I found an enquire for something similar, however is exactly the oposite is happening in my Solution Manager 7:

This is my problem:

I created a roadmap by copying an existing one, and I am attaching some general documentation, however I am able to open documents .doc, .xls, .ppt and pps attached with the roadmap but I am unable to open pdf files attached, and I can't load mpp files (MS Project).

When I try to load pdf files the System shows me the next screen:

-

-

El URL solicitado no se ha podido conseguir

(The requested URL could not be retrieved)

Mientras se intentaba traer el URL: http://wdfd00166499a.wdf.sap.corp:8000/sap/bc/contentserver/400?

Ha ocurrido el siguiente problema:

Incapaz de determinar la dirección IP a partir del nombre de la máquina: wdfd00166499a.wdf.sap.corp

El programa dnsserver ha devuelto el siguiente mensaje:

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.

Esto significa que:

El caché no ha sido capaz de resolver el nombre de máquina

presente en la URL.

Compruebe que la dirección sea correcta.

Generated Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:35:34 GMT by localhost.localdomain (squid/2.6.STABLE9)

-

-

And when I try to attach an MS Project file I get this:

-

-

El documento no puede tratarse

(The document can not be treated)

-

-

Any idea about how I should handle this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Ruben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

We had the same kind of issue.

What is the version of SAPGUI that you use?

Just upgrade it. It will work fine.

We were using 6.20, then we upgraded to 7.10. It worked well.

Upgrade your SAPGUI to 7.10.

Regards,

Sanjai

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

I'm using SAP GUI 7.10 Patch level 11, in fact, when I started work with SAP GUI 7.10 I couldn't see any attached file, so looking for an answer I found that I'd should apply a patch, after applied it, I was able to see attached files, except pdf files. Then I applied a new patch hoping it worked again, however a still have the problem.

By the way, before using release 7.10 I was using 6.40.

Any clue I should follow?

Thanks and best regards from Mexico,

Ruben

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjai,

After I tested several realeses and versions of SAP GUI, as you suggested, the question was solved in the next way, at least in this case:

I got into transaction SMICM >Go to> Host Name Buffer-->Display in order to check the parameters, and I noticed that the parameter icm/host_name_full was pointing to the URL shown in the post, and beside this, the status was yellow. Now I went to transaction RZ10 to look for the parameter, however, the system displayed a messagge saying that the parameter did not exists; so I created it and typed the value pointing to my server. Now, it is pointing to my Solution Manager server as you see: servername.my domain.com.mx

The next step was just to restart the instance and to confirm the parameter value (again in TC SMICM) Now I can see PDF files.

But I still having troubles loading MS Project files, any sugestion? If you find out what the problem could be, I will appreciate your comment, and if you don't, I will close this question.

Best regards and thanks a lot,

Ruben

PS Honor to whom honor deserves

I posted this question in the Spanish version of SDN (/community [original link is broken]), and a guy from there give me the answer. The name of the post is Error al mostrar archivos PDF en Solution Manager y cargar archivos MPP

Gracias Juan Reyes

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Please see my reply above this message.

Thanks everyone

Answers (0)