cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISR Entered Data not passed into the Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please I really urgently need help with the ISRu2019s I have implemented.

I have implemented a IRS for Request for Training and it works fine and creates a notification with the custom workflow going for approval. All data entered are showing on the approval form.

I have implemented a PCR for request to fill a vacancy, laying under the MSS IView on the portal and the form creates fine , I can review the data I entered into the form. When I submit the form only the header data information is available in the notification . A general notification(56) is created and workflows to the approvers for approval. (When I review the notification the data fields of the form are all there). The fields are shown in the tabular format but they are all empty.

What I then did was to convert the PCR to a ISR as the entry data is only free text fields not linked to a person. This took me about a day to build and when tested the effect was the same u2013 no data was pulling into the notification u2013

I must probably tell it does not need a "start object" in the configuration from the Design Time workbench. Where do I do this ?

I have search for notes and SDN u2013 ( with limitations ) but the notes are mostly very old u2013 even the cook book was written in 2004 for a ITS implementation u2013 Where is the new version of it.

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1 and Adobe Reader 8.0 u2013 Will add the other info later about the ADS

Regards,

Christine du Preez

Workflow Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was solved by redoing the copy and adding tge new cusom fields again- resyching was sugested now - Thanks for that C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was doing a PCR using the IISR technique that makes use of a ADOBE interactive form built with the new Adobe life cycle designer . The Standard SAP Scenario was copied and adpted with some new fields. In the Scenario you link it to a notification type and the data with the form is then passed to a workflow for approval. The data extracted from he backend was in the form but the new entered data from the Portal was not passed to the notification.

If you are not fimiliar with adobe interactive forms and the generic notification workflow that goes with it, you obviuosly have not yet heard of ISR cookbook etc.

I am going to close this call - My ISR's are working now fine - I recopied the standard SAP one and added my data fields. It works now fine.

Goodluck to all the people wanting to use the interactive forms - It is one big learning curve- I battled to even get a simple dropdown field to work. There is so little help and you are mostly all on your own.

Regards,

Christine

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am no expert, though I play one on TV. (haha) Honestly, I wanted to help, but I am more confused after reading your post.

My "guess" is that your ISR context was not synched with your form context. You could try to "force" this or do it manually.

Other than that, I really have an overall question of what it is you are trying to do. A PCR? HCM P&F? What?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who ever reads this - I ahev soved my problem by recreating from scratch a new Adobe form by cpying a existing , working form and then added my variable i required. Like magic the Notification was populated with the data entered into the form and the workflow flowed properly.

Is there no SAP expert that could have told me to do this.????