Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center Does not Copy To Settlement Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP documentation for settlement rules for WBS elements reads as follows

The organizational units controlling area, company code, and profit

center are copied from the WBS element to the settlement rule. The

plant is copied from the sales order item.

We are running expense projects, but find that only the company code copies. The Profit Center does not.

Does anyone have any insight?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the setting of company code,profit center,plant assignment in the project prfile.in TCode OPSA.

It will automatically copied to WBS.& Settlement rule.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James,

I was facing the same problem. When I created the settlement rule to G/L, it did not copy the corresponding PCA from WBS element master data.

I have tried to create a substitution (OPSN) but it didnu2019t work because the table defined in OPSN is PRPS only.

As a workaround, I created a validation (GGB0) under Financial Accounting to prevent the settlement goes to incorrect PCA

If you find any other solution, would you please share with us here?

Thanks

Regards,

-K-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - that is the direction we will take

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point

We were settling to a G/L. We wanted to Profit center to default from the WBS like the company code does. We had been using a cost center and we agree, when you use the cost center as your settlement rule, everything works.

So it sounds like if you settle to a G/L, we would have to use substitution to get the Profit center from the WBS element into the settlement,.

When would the substitution be done? During settlement rule creation, or when the settlement is done.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have different Profit centers on the WBS elements as the costs must post to different business units based on the work.

If there is a company code on the WBS and a profit center on the WBS, we find that the company code will copy over but the Profit center does not.

The documentation claims that both will copy. It sounds like I should raise an OSS message

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are using PS for expense projects then you should settle to cost centre

In the WBS you should enter the cost centre master data say in the resp cost centre

then use settlement strategy to make sure that the settlement rule is generated using the resp cost centre

cost centre should be linked to a profit centre - i do not believe that you can settle to profit centre so where is the copying you are expecting - if it is in the accounting documents then you may need to use an exit for substitution to take the profit centre from the value in the WBS master data