cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment should deploy additional available stock to one particular locn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Supply more than demand (Push scenario), there's a requirement to deploy additional availlable stock quantity to a one priority location, after requirement for other locations have been met.

Any idea how we can do that. I looked at different push rule but could not figure out if one can meet requirement.

Sceanrio detail is as follows

Supply location - A (Stock available - 100)

Demand Location - B (Demand - 30)

C (Demand - 40)

Available additional stock, after meeting demand - 30 should also be deployed to location B and nothing should be kept at supplying location - A.

Thanks

Sharad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

If you are using deployment optimizer then you can put no storage cost at location B, and some storage cost at A & C with other costs same. This will ensure excess deployment to priority location. Alternatively you can configure same using transportation cost in T lane.

If you are using deployment heuristic then you have to follow multiple steps of deployment. First to fulfill demand using distribution by demands (push pull strategy). Second step would be deploy everything to priority location (without selecting other location) with push strategy.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies though none of the suggested approach would address mentioned business requriement. Guess I need to go with some enhancement.

Senthil, in your reply, you mentioned , /SAPAPO/DPLSPLIT - Prioritize Deployment Stock Transfers, do let me know how it can help to meet mentioned business requriement.

I was under impression "/SAPAPO/DPLSPLIT - Prioritize Deployment Stock Transfers" is more used from creating TLB Order perspective.

Thanks

Sharad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

There are many ways of handling this requirement.

Your requirement is to deploy the excess stocks. Until there is future demand, these cannot be deployed.

1) You can try using push distributions such as Pull/push rule, Push by demands and Push by quota. In all these cases, the pull deployment horizon should be very high so that it will consider the demand in future for deployment.

2) Simple way is once the normal deployment is over through system, the excess stocks can be downloaded and creating stock transfer orders manually through me27 t-code in R/3

3) Keeping the pull deployment horizon very low, carrying out normal deployment, and after that carrying out deployment with increased pull deployment horizon and carrying out deployment only for that location where excess stocks has to be pushed.(using t-code /SAPAPO/SNP02 - Deployment or /SAPAPO/DPLSPLIT - Prioritize Deployment Stock Transfers )

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.