cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All.

Is there any problem with historical WM movements, if I delete the storage bin?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

HAL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As already mentioned by our experts, just putting in following points.

1.Bins should be empty .If any material transfer it to difference bin.

2.You can delete the bins which are assigned to movement types but these bins will come with the interim storage type when you go to create interim storage bins.

Regards,

Prashant

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it would cause any problem. "Your" historical WM movements mean confirmed transfer orders I think - they are already processed, closed, if you delete the bin it won't harm them.

If you have opne TOs in which the bin-to-be-deleted is used, SAP won't allow the deletion.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep agree with above ... provided that the bin is empty and this is not assigned to any WM movement types (in Config) then there is no problem with deleting a bin.

thanks,

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What relation a bin have with WM movement type configuration? I dont think if there is any.

There will not be any issue if you delete a physical bin if it is an empty bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can hard allocate storage bins in WM movement types. Usully used in interim storage types eg. 998 (St Ty) AUFNAHME (St Bin) is used when processing a goods movement with movement type 561. But if you have created custom movement types you may have assigned warehouse bins to these for certain movements.

A.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep agree with above ... provided that the bin is empty and this is not assigned to any WM movement types (in Config) then there is no problem with deleting a bin.

1. If the bin is not empty you cannot delete it (in LS02N) - that's why there's no point in speaking about the consequences of deletion.

2. If you delete a bin whilest it is assigned to a WM-movement type, it won't cause any problem - you just won't be able to use that WM-mvt unless you modify the bin.

Regards,

Csaba