cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP Calculation - Cancel Data of WIP Calculation only for TECO

0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I would like to change the standard setting of WIP calculation for production orders (PREL, REL >> WIP calculated; DLV, TECO >> Cancel WIP). WIP should be calculated for DLV as well and only with TECO will be canceled. Wenn I change the setting of RA Type for DLV and set up "F-WIP Calculation on Basis of Actual Costs", when the prod. order reaches status DLV, KKAX has proplem with this setting "KJ 363 - Production order has status DLV/TECO: Set "cancel WIP"". Could you help me please to solve this.

Thanks in advance

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Pld find the following from SAP Help...

Calculation of Work in Process

This method determines the work in process for each production order by calculating the difference between the actual costs incurred and the actual costs settled (that is, the difference between the debits for goods issues, internal activity allocations, external activities, and overhead on the one hand, and the credits for goods receipts on the other). Once the last part of the order lot has been delivered to stock, any remaining work in process must be canceled so that the order costs can properly be settled to stock.

The status of the order determines whether WIP calculation creates or cancels the work in process.

If the order has the status REL (released), the system can calculate work in process.

Once the order receives the status DLV (Delivered) or TECO (Technically completed), the work in process calculated in a previous period is canceled.

The cost estimate used to valuate the work in process may contain costs that are not relevant for inventory valuation, such as sales and administration costs. In a product cost estimate with a quantity structure, these costs are shown in a separate cost component view. Costs that are not relevant to inventory valuation are not used for the valuation of the work in process.

In joint production, the work in process is shown separately for each co-product at the level of the order item.

System takes the Status of the Order into consideration at the time of calculation of WIP.

I don't think it would be possible by some changes in the configuration.

Srikanth Munnaluri