cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying support Pack in test mode...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to know can we apply support pack directly on production in test mode?

If yes, please give me the details of it.

Thanks in advance.

Abu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you can't apply support packs in test mode. Please do not apply support packs directly on production server anyway.

First you must install and test on dev/qas and then apply to production environment. Please go through the installation procedure for more details.

manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj,

There is a way to do it on production if it is an immediate requirement. There is a mode called test mode, what it does is it analysis the system time and also gives you the precautionary measure of it too.

I am trying to find it out.

Thanks,

Abu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes as far as ABAP SP's are concerned you can surely run them in a test mode from txn SPAM.

There is no such options for JAVA SP's

To use the test mode: SPAM -> Extras -> Settings , on the tab Import Queue -> Scenario choose "test"

Use the test scenario to determine if a modification adjustment is required before the Support Package is actually imported, or if any conflicts need to be resolved before the import. The test scenario does not import data into your SAP system.

- Regards, Dibya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the test scenario to determine if a modification adjustment is required before the Support Package is actually imported, or if any conflicts need to be resolved before the import. The test scenario does not import data into your SAP system.

Also please note that there is no test scenario for SPAM/SAINT updates. A SPAM/SAINT import ignores the scenario you select

Check below link for more details,

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/28/9f33088a7e11d2b423006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Sushil

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

As per my knowledge, you can apply support packs in Test mode also.

For this goto TCode SPAM --> Extras >Settings>select the Import Queue tab and select Test under Scenerio section.

But first try this on Test system and then do on production.

Regards,

Kalyan