cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Status not changing when document approval procedure in SOLAR01/02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my situation:

We created and assigned a Status Schema for Solution Manager Document and to that status assigned a signature strategy. We have defined the following end results for the signature strategy, when the process is initiated:

FROM TO

Copy_editing -> in_progress

In_progress -> Reviewed

Reviewed -> Released

We initiate the process and the author performs the first signature, so the outcome expected is for the strategy to change the status from copy_editing into in_progress so on and so forth.

This is not happening and the document stays in copy editing throughout the approval process.

Any ideas? I can provide the complete configuration done in order to see if we missed something.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natanael,

are you using digital signature?

In case not, you do not have to create a signature strategy, but only an approval scheme.

Did you assign the approval scheme to a document type?

What happens, if a user tries to changes the status using the document attributes?

Regards

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using digital signature? Yes we are using Digital Signature since we want to have the correct approval once a document is loaded and reviewed.

In case not, you do not have to create a signature strategy, but only an approval scheme.

Did you assign the approval scheme to a document type? Yes we have.

What happens, if a user tries to changes the status using the document attributes? currently it doesnt allow you to manually change it once the document is saved but this is what happens in detail.

1. I load the document into solman.

2. based on the digital signature and doc strategy the Author needs to Sign the document once the save button has been clicked.

3. The strategy defined states that the document will start as copy_editing and when singed it will go into in_progress.

This is not happening.

When I load the document I can actually change the status as always as I dont save the same.

Here is the document Strategy configuration we have set:

Status init Seq low high Dig Sig End stat Cancelled stat

COPY_EDITING X 10 10 20 ZTECHENT IN_PROGRESS COPY_EDITING

IN_PROGRESS X 20 10 30 ZTECHAPP REVIEW IN_PROGRESS

REVIEW X 30 20 40 ZTECHAPP RELEASED REVIEW

RELEASED X 40 30 40 RELEASED