Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing ALV when Lead Selection of parent node changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

I have two nodes:

PARENT_NODE (cardinality=0:n, singleton=false)

CHILD_NODE (cardinality=0:n, singleton=false)

I have a normal Table UI displaying the PARENT_NODE in PARENT_VIEW of my component

I have an ALV Table displaying the CHILD_NODE in CHILD_VIEW of the same component - I used external mapping via the ALV Component Usage Interface Controller context. I have not done any explicitly-coded binding of data to the ALV Comp Usage.

(I have two separate views as I am using the Floor Plan Manager and I have used two different types of tables as I haven't got around to changing the one for the parent over to an ALV Table yet... I don't believe either of these things are causing my problem).

My problem is that when I run the app and change the Lead Selection of PARENT_NODE via the Table in PARENT_VIEW it does not change/refresh the contents of the ALV Table in CHILD_VIEW. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that as I externally mapped the ALV data node to CHILD_NODE in the Component Controller that the change in Lead Selection of the parent node, and therefore the "contents" of child node, would be reflected in the ALV.

Strangely, if I add a normal Table to CHILD_VIEW, bound to the same node (mapped from the Component Controller to the View) it does refresh correctly when I change the Lead Selection of the PARENT_NODE. The normal Table works perfectly fine!

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Glen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parent Child relation seems perfect candidate for the supply function. Can you try creating supply function for the child node. i am not sure whether that can EVEN be possible with FPM etc in place....

just guessed may be a possibility.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant, but in the WDDOINIT of my Component Controller I have already filled PARENT_NODE and populated the relevant CHILD_NODEs for each parent. The problem isn't that CHILD_NODE doesn't contain the right data as the change of Lead Selection works when the child node is implemented as a normal Table. Why wouldn't it work as an ALV Table?

Why should I have to resort to using a singleton child node with a Supply function? (Unless someone can convince me that it's actually a better option?!)

Cheer

Glen