cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost assignment results in F4-Help from 500 to 200?

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SRM gurus,

in SRM 5.0 in tab "Cost assignment". Is there a possibility to set a value for the max. results in F4 help "Find Account Assignment Data" and in "G/L Account" without applying badi BBP_SET_SEARCH_LIMIT?

By standard it is set to 500. Because we're facing performance issues is there a possibility to reduce it to a maximum of 200 results?

Simply reducing the results in Cost assignments F4-Help from 500 to 200? No other changes needed! Isn't the value 500 somewhere hardcoded where I can change it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hennig,

I feel for this case you need to make template change as value of 500 is populated into Web template.

Just right click on SRM webtemplete and do a view source and this will open code in notepad and make changes where you are getting this search help and look for "Maximum No. of Hits" . You will get this value over there...

Ask someone technical in team to make changes in template and again publish the files..

It will solve your issue.

Regards,Nishant

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

thanks for your answer.

By rightclicking on the Template in Internet Explorer I foudn the coding:

<td class=entryColor>

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SHLPNAME[8]" value="10">

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SHLPFIELD[8]" value="1807">

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SIGN[8]" value="I">

<input type="text" id="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[8].name" name="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[8]" value="500" maxlength="4">

</td>

</tr>

I also found the place where this coding is generated in Internet Service BBPSEARCHHELP --> HTML-Template SEARCHHELP:

`if ( ( HIER_SEARCH == "X" ) && (di == "1" || di == "2" || di == "3") )`

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SHLPNAME[`di`]" value="`~searchhelpactivedialogpage`">

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SHLPFIELD[`di`]" value="`~searchhelpdialogitemid[di]`">

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SIGN[`di`]" value="I">

<input type="hidden" id="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[`di`].name" name="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[`di`]" value="" maxlength="`~searchhelpdialogitemsizex[di]`">

`else`

`TR()`

`TD(class="label")` <label for="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[`di`].name"> `~searchhelpdialogitemtext[di]`</label>

`TD(class="data")`

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SHLPNAME[`di`]" value="`~searchhelpactivedialogpage`">

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SHLPFIELD[`di`]" value="`~searchhelpdialogitemid[di]`">

<input type="hidden" name="DDSHSELOPT-SIGN[`di`]" value="I">

<input type="text" id="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[`di`].name" name="DDSHSELOPT-LOW[`di`]" value="`MaskSpecialChar(searchhelpdialogitemvalue[di])`" maxlength="`searchhelpdialogitemsizex[di]`">

`TR()``Lines()`

Now I don't know where to change the variable

value="`MaskSpecialChar(~searchhelpdialogitemvalue[di])`"

Perhaps you can give me another hint.

Thanks a lot an best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

<input type="hidden" id="DDSHSELOPT-LOW`di`.name" name="DDSHSELOPT-LOW`di`" value="" maxlength="`~searchhelpdialogitemsizexdi`">

Try to manipulate this field and its value which would help you in changing the number of values from 500 to 200.

Regards,

Kalyan

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I did what you mentioned and it worked alright.

But where (e.g. in which Include) is this value 500 hardcoded?

I tried to find very hard, but could not succeed.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<input type="hidden" id="DDSHSELOPT-LOW`di`.name" name="DDSHSELOPT-LOW`di`" value="" maxlength="`~searchhelpdialogitemsizexdi`">

Please try to search for this search help field in the screen in which the ABAP coding is done for this particular template. In that particular screen you can find this value. To tell u in simple words ... if you can find the exact screen from which the template for this particular search help is generated ... u can find the value over there.

As far as my understanding goes its hardcoded over there ...... so please check once and I will also confirm.

Regards,

Kalyan