cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install/Run Eclipse Memory Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to run the Eclipse Memory Analyzer on SUN Solaris. I downloaded the Solaris files from the Eclipse website. It contains a .zip file that I have extracted and placed on a Solaris server where I can do some testing.

Does that complete the installation process? How is the application started?

I searched the Eclipse website and found no instructions for Unix and no general usage/how-to type documentation.

Thanks,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

only the heap dumps need to be taken on Solaris.

The Memory Analyzer could be run on Windows machine and the already collected heap dump from the Solaris machine could be analyzed there.

The Memory Analyzer is just a tool and it is not supported on all platform on which the Netweaver Java Server is supported, because it is not necessary at all.

Best regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, this download is different. Why is that? The one off the eclipse website does not have an .sh file for example.

Either way I still get a similar error when I run this:

!SESSION 2009-03-12 13:50:05.763 -

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.4.2_18

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=solaris, ARCH=sparc, WS=gtk, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-03-12 13:50:07.939

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in com.sap.tools.memory.ui.rcp was unable to load class c

om.sap.tools.memory.ui.rcp.Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

After unzipping the zip file you will see a file called 'MemoryAnalyzer', You need to run this file to get the memory analyser console.

You can try the below link to download the same from SDN.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/8070021f-5af6-2910-5688-bde8f... [original link is broken]

After downloading/unzipping the analyzer you will find 'MemoryAnalyzer.sh' file which needs to be executed in order to get the console.

Regards,

Yoganand.V