cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT + iBase generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I scheduled job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT (report AI_SC_REFRESH_READ_ONLY) and maintained V_AIINSNRS // V_AISAPCUSTNOS.

Also I have set "Generate Business Partners from OSS" to 'C' and "Generate Systems from OSS" to 'N'.

Generation itself works (systems get created in SMSY) but the approriate IBase component does not get generated automatically.

After editing a system in SMSY and using the save button, the IBase component gets updated/generated automatically.

I wonder why it is working when perfoming manual changes but not when systems get created via REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Christian Kaunzner on Mar 11, 2009 4:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christian Kaunzner,

Take a look on note 1296078.

Also you can try the following:

So that all data runs in the next background job, you must reset the synchronization date in the maintenance view V_AIINSNRS using transaction SM30. Choose "Maintain" and confirm both warning messages. Select all entries and in the menu, choose "Edit - Change Field Contents...". Select the row "Date of last synchronization" and choose "Enter". Leave the field "with Value" empty and choose "Replace". Save the data.

In the next run of the job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT, the system data for all installations is read again and systems and IBase components are generated.

Best regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

thanks for your response. I will try the things you mentioned and give you feedback.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

just tested your hint and it worked for me.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raoul_serra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I may add my own question about table/view: V_AIINSNRS and program: AI_SC_REFRESH_READ_ONLY_DATA

It seems that following the advice given by Alex, in fact the data in the view V_AIINSNRS

is updated in a certain way: for instance if the description for a system installation number

has been changed in the SAP Support Portal (system data maintenance) refreshing the data in

V_AIINSNRS works withing certain limits: you will see the new description in V_AIINSNRS

but the limit seems to be for Installation Numbers where you may have completely removed any SAP instance, no systems at all, and then requested to shutdown/delete the installation number from the SAP Support Portal, there it will be removed... but in the view V_AIINSNRS you still have those deleted entries

My question would be: how to have those deleted entries removed from view V_AIINSNRS as well,

considering that they were alredy be removed from the SAP Support Portal

Kind regards,

Raoul

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

if there are 5 installations for a customer number and one is deleted, it is removed by REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT. If there are 2 installalation and the next time the job runs there is none remaining. The two remain. this is a known issue with no work around by now.

Regards

Andreas

raoul_serra2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback, I have 2 different customer numbers where this is occuring

The work around I tested is to go directly to the table AIINSTALLATIONS, it's the content

of that table that the view V_AIINSNRS is showing (tested on a test instance)

But be carefull to only delete unused installation numbers, in that case you will not have

any other related data in other tables like the SMSY_* tables, so... no issues to delete

the unused entries in table AIINSTALLATIONS.

Kind regards,

Raoul.

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

you should be aware of note 1284794. Check transaction DNO_CUST04: IB_GEN_AUTO must have value SPACE. 'X' would switch the generation off!

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

Thanks for your response. I know that note and already implemented the correction which fixes the description.

IB_GEN_AUTO is set to blank and works manually created/changed entries in SMSY. It did just not work for the report mentioned above... for whatever reason.

I need to verify at customer site in a couple of days.

Regards