Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of level of WBS

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

him

Can i I want to restructure the project. Can i change the level of WBS, i.e, can i move a WBS from one level to another, similarlay, can i move activities from one WBS to another?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

changing WBS levels should be not be an issue anytime within reasonable limits

hoewever activity assignment to WBS should not/ cannot be changed after release - if you have to then close the activity, create another one and settle all costs to the new one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can change level of wbs elements while in creation status (CRTD) with ease and no problems.

if you have assigned budget then also it will have no problems.

if you have released the project and released the budget and not scheduled then you have to check material PRs, availability control, commitment items, if any then CAREFULLY adjust.

if you have completed the scheduling then you should see the parameters for scheduling and adjust CAREFULLY accordingly the scheduled dates and basic or forecast dates. you may have to reschedule.

if you have settlements and confirmations then you should be very CAREFUL while changing wbs level. recommended you should not.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are still in the structure planning phase, it may be OK. But, if you have done planning/actual posting, then NO. If you have done settlements, ABSOLUTELY not (I'm not sure you'll be able to). Generally, if you have released the project, you should not.