cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP macros: Updating key figure on all levels?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a bunch of macros for updating a key figure with some user supplied input.

What i want is to be able to input the same value in a given field for all levels in the current selection.

To do this i've created a macro that does the update for "all planning objects" in the macro properties.

This works for some selections, but for others it blows up completely (gives huge numbers where the input might be -10 or -20) which leades me to wonder if this is the right approach if one wants to set a given key figure to a given value across all levels of the current selection?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you wish to have a macro calculated value to remain the same at all levels...what you may do is run the macro at the highest level for this keyfigure and set the disaggregation run to No dissagregation so that the value appears the same everywhere

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not calculated in any way, i simply want to set a given key figure to the same value on all CVC's for a given selection. By disaggregation run do you mean the disaggregation settings for the key figure or are you referring to something else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set the dissaggregation rule at a KF level in a planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but when you do that you have to empty the planning area of data, and that's really dangerous i think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I am a little unclear about your requirement. Can you explain what you are trying to do with a a simple example? One of us may be able to help you.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure

We have a planning book with 5 characteristics or so.

We often use selections on one of these characteristics, let's say we have two selections, one with A, one with B. The only difference between them is the content of one of the characteristics (demand group in this case).

In the planning book we have multiple key figures. We want to update one of these key figures, let's call it X.

X is a figure that contains a percent-wise adjustment to the forecast. This figure needs to be updated to the same number for every single one of the CVC's contained in selections A and B. The number can be both negative and positive, for this example lets say its -10, for a 10 percent downward adjustment in.

I've built a macro that can do this for a given month. It simply sets key figure X to -10, and I execute the macro for all planning levels since i need the update to hit all the CVC's.

This works great for selection A, if I drill down to detailed level the field is set correctly.

However for selection B the figures in the field are enormous, I've seen examples of 9500 for instance even though the input is set to -10.

I can't understand why this would not work for all cases. Perhaps it's because X is set to disaggregate by proportional factors? But would this be relevant when i want to update everything at CVC level?

Perhaps i don't understand this properly or perhaps there is some other method to solve the issue.

Hope this example explains it better.

Regards

Simon