cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System is currently not started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have a problem when accessing one of our own services through a SOAP sender adapter.

The error message is:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System is currently not started.

I have searched the forum, but I haven't been able to track anyone with this particular message before. Does anyone have any idea of what it may be? Is this something solveable from a PI developers point of view or do we need to involve basis?

Thanks!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may be caused by the state of the system. This is what our basis team replied:

"I found that the system was running in safe mode.I made it to run in normal mode."//Basis team

Now it works as expected.

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'll add my solution even though it's an old thread. We had the same problem today and I could solve it like that on our PI 7.1:

Go to Netweaver Administrator -> Operations Management -> Systems -> Start & Stop

Go to Java EE Applications on the left and filter  with the word SOAP

Stop and Start this both nodes:

com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.lib

com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.app

Let it stop first and check with refresh if it's stopped correctly. Then restart.

All SOAP-Communication Channels will be initialized and then it worked again.

Regards

Jochen

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try restarting SOAP adapter service from visual admin

or just restart j2ee part of XI if this is possible

you can check if the adapter services are working from visual admin

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for that. I tried to delete the comm channel, create it and try over again and the suddenly it was working.

Beats me what it could be, but I'll definitely write it down until next time PI tries to trick me...

regards Ole