cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Smartform Logo/Digital Signature To Unix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to transfer Smartform's Logo/ Digital Signature to unix server along with other text of smartform.

Current Status:

Text on the SF has been converted and tranferred to Unix using Dataset operations (Character by Character Approach in Binary Mode)

Problem:

Target file in Unix is not displaying the Logo and digital signature that is there in SF.

I am using 'Convert_OTF' and then 'QCE1_Convert' FM to gget PDF data and then transfer each character to dataset using Binary mode.

Please guide how to get Graphics also.

Thanks

Depesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can't you use transaction se78 voor this?

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SE78 transaction to upload the graphics and that has been included in smartform.

I have converted that smarform OTF output along with graphics to PDF and then to Dataset using binary file. The final output in UNIX displays text data along with formattings but NO Graphics.

Further I need to Confirm: Can Unix directly read images in the form of Binary data?

Thank you

Depesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're going too many steps at one time.

Have you tested a preview on screen directly from your form (in transaction smartforms)

I'm working on an old sap 4.6C on an linux system and it works.

After that works you can move on.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have tested the smartform using Print Preview as well as I have downloaded it to desktop in PDF format before sending it to UNIX. Downloaded as well as print preview file is showing the Graphics but when sent to Archive for UNIX directory, Graphics are not diplayed.

I am working on ECC 6.0.

Do you have any idea if the images in Binary format when sent to UNIX are readable directly or we need some other patch/storage maintenance for extracting images in UNIX.

Thanks

Depesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please suggest in solving the above mentioned problem?

Problem: Transfer of Graphics/Logo from PDF to UNIX server, PDF has been generated by converting OTF (output of Smartform)????

Thank you

Depesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved