cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF - Transit Stock mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !,

I have a requirement in which I need to control transit stock at receiving plant.

At issuing plant I have two storage locations say storage location A and storage location B. When delivery is made from both against a PO I need to identify and capture at receiving plant only that component of transit stock which is issued form storage location A and CIF it to APO.

Currently I am planning to use R/3 function module of standard transaction MB5T to identify the stock issued from storage location B and call the quantity in APO using RFC. I will then reduce the quantity from GIT at receiving plant and save the result in livecache.

Does somebody has better idea?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, a thought....

You could configure a storage location mrp area in R/3. One of your storage locations could then be associated with the mrp area.

The MRP area is a separate location in APO, type 1007. Integration is very simple and requires only materials and mrp area to selected in the integration model.

Goods issue and transfer between one location and the other could be achieved through an STO and will appear as transit stock between the GI and GR and obviously stock before and after.

It's standard SAP and the help is pretty good, but I can give more details if needed.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris,

Your answer has confused me a lot. I need some help in understanding this concept of MRP area and its significance and utility in overall planning before I can ask you any further.

I have not come across this concept uptill now.

Please guide me to some literature on this and I can get back to you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the SAP help portal in the first instance.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/b9/dbdd0cd37111d1a69c0000e83235d4/content.htm

I believe mrp areas were available from version 3.0 (?) in R/3. You will have to enable mrp area configuration in your system if it is not already enabled.

Briefly.......

MRP area configuration is very simple SPRO > Define MRP Areas. You have 3 choices plant, storage location, and sub contractor. It sounds very much as though you need to configure a storage location mrp area.

You'll need to associate your storage location with the mrp area and extend the material master in mrp 1 tab to the mrp area.

In the cif integration model you should integrate material and mrp area to APO.

The mrp area is integrated to APO as a distinct location that can be planned separately to the plant.

The way we're using it is to purchase a material in the mrp area, transfer it to the plant level where it has a recursive bom for a process order.

In this way we buy a material and fool the system into thinking it's being made. We then get PI sheets and capacity evaluation that you don't get with an inspection lot.

The mrp area behaves in APO as though you have two plants (locations) and allows separate inventories, planning procedures and transfers between the two.

I hope this enough to get you started.

Good luck

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I have many markets not mapped in R/3. So, currently i am doing their forecasting at a dummy warehoue. If I use this concept to create multiple MRP areas one for each market, would I be able to do forecasting at these MRP areas?

Secondly, can you just give me an example of how an MRP area comes in APO along with the plant. E.g. if Plant name is ABC and MRP area is country A. What would its name be in APO? CountryAABC?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can certainly forecast at the mrp area level. Your CVC structure I guess includes location (plant). So imagine you have Country Switzerland, you could have a plant 1234 which represents the main location in Switzerland.

Forecasting of sales in Switzerland could be at the SZ country level with release to location 1234.

You can create mrp areas within plant 1234. ABC, DEF, GHI, JKL, could all represent other countries, smaller markets supplied from Switzerland and perhaps rolled up into an aggregate forecast.

How does this relate to the location 1234? In SNP or PP/DS it doesn't. MRP locations are locations in their own right. You plan at the location level. Release from DP is at the location level. If you've forecasted at the mrp area level then you will plan supply at the mrp area level.

To your individual question.... supply can be from another mrp area. STO's between either plant and mrp area or between mrp areas appear as in-transit in the interval between goods issue and goods receipt.

I can send some screen shots if these would help.

Chris

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

only stock-in-transfer can be pegged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS03,

You can use user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_STOCK_001 (in APO) to influence the stock data in the APO inbound processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS03,

Just a thought. If you want to filter storage location B stocks to CIF from R/3 to APO, you can try building an user exit to filter storage location B stocks not to reach APO. So, during ciffing, those stocks will get filtered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

My problem is not with unrestricted storage location stock. It is the case of transit stock that moves throughout the supply chain.

My SKU has MTO orders as well as MTS demand. I have maintained separate storage locations for MTO and MTS stock. However, when goods are issued the combined sum appears as transit stock at receiving location.

If at this movement I take a planning run in APO which I am using for MTS forecast only I cannot distinguish between MTS and MTO component. Hence, my forecast is reduced by combined transit stock. hence, reduced distribution demand (planned).

My requirement is to net-off MTS component of supply only while taking a planning run.