cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Implementation For BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is it possible to have multiple an implementations for BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI definition badi. because my opinion is instead of using same implementations for all n-step workflow why don't use different implementations for each and every workflow separately using that single BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI definition.

I know we can have n number of implementations, but those are all should be active not inactive stage.

i hope you understand my question .

thank you,

John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

What I understood your prob you want to implement multiple typr of Workflow scenario.

But all you will have to do is

1> have 1 implementation of BADI

2> handle all your different WF scenario inside the BADI through coding.

hope this makes sense to you.

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi smita,

the answer which you were giving , was my question.

why do we have each implementation for each workflow rather than single implementation for all workflows.

say for example WS13000133 and WS14500015. again i have specified my question here,

as i have specifed above WFs we have to use BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI definition.

the above Badi defition has only one method , for this method even if you implement two implementations , any one of the implementations can be active . we can't active both implementatios right . but my scenario is i have to active both implementations. is it possible to have both implementatios for above defition?

please give me some hints.

regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you have multiple implementation of BADI, how system will be able to understand which BADI implementation to call at runtime.

So, you can not have multiple active implementation of BADI at the same time.

Even I have started working on multiple Workflow implementation. I am trying to handle it inside the BADI.

You can always check through your program logic. which WF is getting executed. This same BADI implementation I am going to use for PO workflow as well.

HOpe this is making more sense.

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi smita,

now i am getting basic question. what is the main difference between user exit and Badi.

if you take user exit, we can't have multiple project for each enhancement.because user exit perform with function module.

but if you take Badi we can have multiple instance right , because Badi perform with ABAP Objects.

then how can you say we can't have multiple instances for BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI definition.

give me hints.

regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

See BADI is also getting called from the program like function module only.

In the Program if you search BADI you will get the calling point.

I think now you can understand this.

Please see some example implementation of this BADI given by SAP.

In SE18 go to Implementation -> Display

I think you will get idea how to use same BADI implementation for different scenario

Smita

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check in badi definition (SE18) if it can exist more than one active definition (check box multiple use). When a badi can be impemented more than once, all active definitions are called, but you don't know in wich sequence.

The one for workflow doesn't allow it. This doesn't make sense to have more than one n level workflow badi implementation for a document as it is dynamicaly build.

And for the shopping cart, 2 dynamic workflow templates are provided, but the item approval cover all functionalities of the n level.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

is it possible to make <b>multiple use</b> check box enable ?

any way now i understand .

regards,

john.

rahulab
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the triggers sequence is not a problem, then you can go for creating a Custom Badi and enable it for Multiple use. Then call this Badi in the Active Single Implementation of BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI. Now you can create Multiple Instances of the Custom BADI you have created.

Award points if it helps.

Thanks

Rahul.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have more than one implementation of badi BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI, system dumps with exception "single_exit_multiply_active".

Kind regards,

Ricardo