cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV01n Issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a begginer in SAP DMS and need to allow the Plant maintenance teams to attach hyperlink to a shared folder.

Running SPRO i can see a whole chapter in cross aplication component dedicated to this.

The SAP documentation attached to customizing tasks does not give me enough information...

(or my english level is to bad.... i'm a frenchy... (no body is perfect...:-) )

Is there an existing document explaining with simple words (ideally screen shots) how to set up this function in SAP ?

Many, many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

stef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks

stef

Former Member
0 Kudos

The online help is not bad, but the setup effort for DMS in dependent on your business scenario.

In general the customizing is not difficult but if you need to use SAP Workflow it become more complex.

Could you describe your business?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for this quick reply. Not sure that i've right understood your question.

We are in the industry world. The aim is to allow the plant maintenance teams to

1/ attach to a technical object (functional location or an equipement or a material) a drawing or a picture...

2/ attach to a work order also drawings, procedures or pictures.

I understand that there are different possibilities in SAP to store the documentation :

- store on a shared drive, or local PC or vault = attach a hyperlink to the object

- or store directly in SAP database.

Am I right ?

Does this answer your questions ?

rgds

stef

Former Member
0 Kudos

To store the documents you can create a new document type which includes min. one document status. This should be enough to store documents. The best way is to use a content server which could for example store the documents on a UNIX file system. In the standard you have normally one default storage category which goes on the database but keep in mind that your database will also grow with every document.

Over the Object link function you can link the documents to other SAP objects.

Regards

Thomas