Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC and vendor synchronization

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using BBP_VENDOR_SYNC as a background job to replicate vendors from R/3 to SRM.

However it's not working. The vendors are not being replicated to SRM. I have already check the settings in IMG - Settings for Vendor Synchronization.

My doubt is, BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is supposed to replicate and update the vendors from R/3 system to SRM system right?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Andreia Nascimento

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BBP_VENDOR_SYNC - is used for vendor syschronizarion once they are replicated. for intial replication you can use TC BBPGETVD.

Nitin

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

That means that BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is just to update vendor data from R/3 to SRM right? Therefore, is there any way to automatically replicate the vendors from one system to another?

Thanks!

AN

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you run BBP_VENDOR_SYNC, is your variant set up to use the 'From Last Update'? We were having the same issue. Try setting your variant to be the Fr: Date & Time and use dynamic date calculation to be the day before. This should fix your issue.

Thanks

JAne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the next instructions are useful:

a)

IMG SRM: Sap Implementation Guide  Cross-Application Components  SAP Business Partner  Business Partner Basic Settings  Number Ranges and Groupings  Define Number Ranges

IMG R/3 : Sap Implementation Guide

 Logistics general  Business Partner  Vendors  Control  Define number ranges for vendor master records

There must be synchronization between SRM and R/3 for the number ranges for the business partners (vendors). There are some standard number ranges delivered with SRM

b) Use Tx: BBPGETVD to get new vendors.

In this transaction these are the fields to be defined:

u2022 System. Here you define the logical name of the R/3 backend systems you wish to replicate the vendor master data.

u2022 Vendor Selection: The range of vendors is defined here. The system will only upload the vendors from R3 system that belong to this range.

u2022 Transfer Information Number (LFA1-KRAUS) from Dun & Branstreet: If you wish to take the entry from the field element KRAUS in database table LFA1 of the backend system into the SRM Server as the Dun&Bradstreet number, check this field.

u2022 Without reference to the Backend Purchasing Org: To transfer all the data (GR-based inv. verif., autoevalGRsetmt Del,etc..) entered in the screen of the Purchase Data during the vendor creation process, the replication has to have a referent with the backend. To do this, the flag u201CWithout reference to Backend Purchase Organizationu201D has not to be checked.

u2022 Address comparison to Identify Duplicates: Must be check to avoid replicate the same vendor twice

u2022 Object ID: Here, the organizational unit ID where to assign the vendors must be filled

c)Use tx:BBPUPDVD to update vendors already existing.

d)Use report BBP UPDATEBACKEND_LINK to copy from R3 purch to local Purch.

You can joint steps b,c, d in one job and schedule it.

In case of not working I suggest to check settings in R3.

For example:

Check in R3 table <SE16> LFA1 the existing authorization field (BEGRU) values. All that values must be maintained in SRM customizing step.

This authorization groups have to be created to be able to replicate the vendors.

Thanks and Regards,

Abraham

dmp-dmagi_cml
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

The replication log in SLG1 says that there are no vendors to be replicated or updated, which is not true.

Yes, Iu2019m working in extended classic scenario. Note that when I replicate the vendors manually there is no problem. Thus, I suppose that the problem is not related to the node ID.

Muthu,

Table BBPNEWVD_LOG does not exist. But if BBP_VENDOR_SYNC is not supposed to bring newly created suppliers from r/3 how can I do it? Every time I want to replicate the vendors from R/3 to SRM I need to do it manually, using BBPGETVD?

Thanks for your collaboration!

BR,

Andreia Nascimento

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the replication log in SLG1?

I assume that you are working in extended classic scenario, therefore in the PPOMA you have two nodes for Purch. ORG; one for the local and one for the R3. If this is the case have you put the correct Node ID while replicating? After replication are you replicating data from R3 purch. to local purch?

Have you flagged the R3 vendors as EBP vendors?

Thanks and Regards,

Abraham

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

table BBP_VDSYNC_CUST - LATEST SYNC report

Table BBPNEWVD_LOG - shows which vendor from the backend newly added.

Are you expecting this report to bring newly created suppliers from r/3 .then NO.

regards

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AN,

In SPRO

Cross application settings-Technical settings-->

Settings for Vendor Synchronization

Make Global Settings

Use

In Customizing forvendor synchronization, you define between which mySAP or R/3 backend systems and the EBP System you wish to automatically synchronize the vendor master data. This setting is necessary in order to start a job-based execution of the synchronization, so that the vendor master data that is newly created or changed in the backend is updated regularly in the EBP System.

Requirements

u2022 You wish to use the automatic vendor synchronization functionality.

u2022 In the Implementation Guide (IMG) activity Define RFC Destinations, you have defined the RFC destinations for your systems.

u2022 Under Define Backend Systems, you have defined the backend systems for your systems.

Activities

Customizing for Vendor Synchronization consists of two parts. In the first part you make those settings that are valid for all backend systems. In the activity Make Settings for Each Backend System you can define or display detail data for the individual backend systems.

Make Global Settings

By setting the indicator Create New Vendors Also, you can determine that those vendors newly created in the backend systems are also newly created during the synchronization. If this indicator is not set, the only data updated is that of the vendors in the Enterprise Buyer System whose data was changed in the backend systems.Note:

If you have not yet made an entry here, an empty screen appears when you start the activity. To make the settings, choose New entries or press F5.

Further Settings:

u2022 Carry Out Address Check for Duplicates :

u2022 Organizational Unit in EBP for the Vendor

Enter the eight-digit number, for example, 50001234.

u2022 Vendor Number Assignment Type

In the dropdown box, choose the method with which the number is to be allocated when a new vendor is created, for example, internal number allocation