cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Usage Dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have a Web Dynpro Application (Migrating from 6.40 to 7.00) which uses Collaboration API: kmc.util.core_api.jar, coll.shared.roomobject_api.jar, coll.shared.types_api.jar and coll.shared.extension_api.jar.

I found in SLD the SC KMC COLLABORATION 7.00, which contains these DCs. I defined the dependency in SLD, imported the SCA KMCCOLL18P_1-10003493.sca.

But if i try to add the DC com.sap.netweaver.coll.shared to my Web Dynpro DC i get:

Illegal dependency: Access list does not allow use of sap.com/com.sap.netweaver.coll.shared for "my project".

We also need the following Jars (Dependencies):

com.sap.security.api.ep5.jar

prtapi.jar

bc.rf.global.service.urlgenerator_api.jar

com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf/bc.rf.framework_api.jar

com.sap.netweaver.bc.sf/bc.sf.framework_api.jar

com.sap.netweaver.bc.util/bc.util.public_api.jar

bc.uwl.service.api_api.jar

bc.uwl.service.api_core.jar

Any help would be appreciated to do this in NW04s with NWDI.

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I did to solve my problem is:

Built a Library DC and added these to jars to it

Then i exposed these to jars as public parts Api to the to my UWL DC....i added this PP as a used DC for build time only....

Also added a Library Reference by right-clicking on the UWL DC and navigating to the tab Library reference, added this entry: sap.com/tckmcbc.uwl~api

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

These are all standard jars. you don't have to create an external dc for these jars as these should be available in your server.

Just copy these jars to your plugin directory as you need these only during design time and build time.

and add these to the projects as external jars.

It should let you work.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

What you suggest will not work in NWDI-based development: CBS will not have these jars and thus server side builds will fail.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do have NWDI based development several years now and we also have good experience with external library DCs:

1. Reuse DC in several Development DCs.

2. Central Upgrade of DCs, e.g new versions (SPS Upgrade, new version of 3rd Party libs).

3. Switching DCs between several developers (consultants, external devs, new collegues).

Only missing i would like, that ALL SAP DCs should be available in NWDI (e.g. UWL, Portal and KM Libraries and maybe others, which still have to added as external library DC).

AND

That was the origin reason of this post:

Is it possible to replace our external lib DCs with a standard software dependecy in SLD? E.g. replace

- kmc.util.core_api.jar,

- coll.shared.roomobject_api.jar,

- coll.shared.types_api.jar

- coll.shared.extension_api.jar.

I found in SLD the SC KMC COLLABORATION 7.00, which contains these DCs (Jars). I defined the dependency in SLD, imported the SCA KMCCOLL18P_1-10003493.sca.

But if i try to add the DC com.sap.netweaver.coll.shared to my Web Dynpro DC i get:

Illegal dependency: Access list does not allow use of sap.com/com.sap.netweaver.coll.shared for "my project".

No the question is still not answered

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

As you found out yourself already it is not (and will probably never be) possible to reference DCs from the KM (and many other) SC's, because the Access Lists of the DCs do not permit usage by other vendors than sap.com.

So, your only option is to create your own DCs containing the required jars. If you need to reuse these in multiple tracks, you could opt to put them in their own SC in a separate track, defining the other tracks as follow-up tracks with track connections. That way there's still just one spot to maintain them.

Kind regards,

Pascal

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely, if oliver is using NWDI (as mentioned in the later posts, and if NWDI is a standalone server) my what i said will not work.

But i prefer not to use external liberaries for the jars that are standard jar files. I would suggest you deploy the relevant SCA's to NWDI and use them as dependencies in your SCA. that way you can use them as used DCs in your project DCs.

This will save you from having multiple copies of same jar files in your server.

If you upgrade your server and do not upgrade the jar's there will be version conflict (major / minor version error).

External DCs can definately be used, but it should be used only for jars that are not available on the server.

Thats just my 2cents to the solution.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

it is not (and will probably never be) possible to reference DCs from the KM (and many other) SC's, because the Access Lists of the DCs do not permit usage by other vendors than sap.com.

Is there any reason for that?

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

we do use own tracks, one for 3rd party jars like log4j, jdom and several others and one for sap jars not available, due to access list problems or even not available in SLD.

My intention was to replace the 2nd track with SAPs jars by standard SAP SCAs, but as Pascal mentioned a post before is not (maybe will never be) possible.

So for customers it is not (maybe will never be) possible to built there apps in a common way, without using "not so nice" workarounds for standard SAP APIs.

Regards Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Pascal,

>

>

it is not (and will probably never be) possible to reference DCs from the KM (and many other) SC's, because the Access Lists of the DCs do not permit usage by other vendors than sap.com.

>

> Is there any reason for that?

>

> Regards Oliver

I don't know SAP's reasons for doing this. I've seen very little change in this area since NWDI was released a few years ago and therefore I've given up hope that they'll ever release what we need/want.

Kind regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know SAP's reasons for doing this. I've seen very little change in this area since NWDI was released a few years ago and therefore I've given up hope that they'll ever release what we need/want.

What a pity ...

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

We are also in need of creating a Track that has dependencies on the UWL jar files you mention...

Were you successful in creating this track? If so how did you accomplish?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we did it using still external libraries and assembly pp. Maybe the links help

external lib DC

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

UWL Web Dynpro

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/802bfda2-8a85-2b10-9290-d67da32d0c01

Regards Oliver