Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vf01

former_member716156
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i m having a little problem. In transaction VF01 creating billing document i tried to create one but in the date instead of posting 11.03.2009 i posted 11.03.0009. Of course i cancelled it, but i wanna know how the system let me save this without an error about the date.

Is there a transaction besides OB52 when we check and lock periods or years as far as SD module co

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aikaterini ,

The transaction code OB52 is the one which control the posting periods. normally you would have set the period open for the current month or the preceding months ,

in your case , this is strange as one thing is the period might be open from 0001 to 9999 maybe

secondly the system should also have checked the cost estimate which it normally does when releasing in another year

Hope this helps

Thanks

Akasha

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes system will allow you to maintain any preceding years in VF01 and that is why it is always recommended not to maintain the billing date manually. Either it should propose Actual GI Date from delivery or it should be system date.

Of course, in your case also, you cannot release the billing document to FI as it will throw an error for non maintainance of Exchange Rate for the year 0009. Even if you maintain, you cannot open the posting period for 0009.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi